Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decidided to head out and try take a few good pics of the car last night. Got myself a 550D for the ole birthday 2 months ago and haven't really had the time to put it to good use.

I took a few up at the Guiness brewery but they only came out alright.

I then headed down to the docklands and found a sweet sweet background for pics at the gate to the Lagan Butimen Plant. The pics came out great but when we stopped at the lights to leave the docklands port Security pulled me over and requested me to delete any pics that I took.
I was snapping. I hadn't got a good chance to review them and as I was going through them one by one (supervised) and saw how good they actually where I was gutted.

Anyway we tried one more stop at a long stretch of road down to the East Point Industrial Park and then a few out at Howth.

C&C welcome. Go easy though cause I'm only new to these DSLR's.

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
Looks great Dave what lower grille do you have is it the standard one ? hard to see in the pics,any up close ones,is that an S4 grille?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Nice pics lad. The one with the long road background is great. I love off center pics like this. Maybe next time, lock your steering towards the way the car is generally facing. Add drama to the pic.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Shane @ Sep 5 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks great Dave what lower grille do you have is it the standard one ? hard to see in the pics,any up close ones,is that an S4 grille?

I found some plastic mesh on ebay that was the same pattern as the fog grills so I cut that to shape and cable tied it in place. The stock lower grill won't fit anymore so it was my only option. It looks a bit funny thought without any chrome surround so I might spray the upper one to match.

Yup S4 grill but with quattro badge in place of the 'S4'. Its been on since i got the car more or less.

Cheers lads for the comments.

Its a pity I didn't spend more time on the Guinness pics though. They could've come out a lot better.

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
Dave any close up pics of the lower grille and S4 grille? PM if you wish.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Did you sell the Bora Shane?

What spec did you get?

Here is one I took last week. Don't mind the white cable ties they need to be swapped for black ones.

Had a look there for the site I bought it off but the user does not seem to be valid anymore.

·
Tony 2 the D
1,015 Posts
Great pics DavKav

If you are taking pictures outside Guinnesses, try one of the lead lamps one the inside from Lidl that plug into your cigarette lighter, it brightens up the pic in dark areas without blinding the camera, stolen off one of the DubKor and PVW

I will try and find some and post them up.

Love the car, is the long pic down in East point? or UCD?

Toe

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
QUOTE (davkav @ Sep 6 2010, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did you sell the Bora Shane?

What spec did you get?

Yup sold the Bora Dave,got a 2.5 v6 TDI quattro avant with a few goodies on board.I bought it as a tow car mainly,its not for show and its not for go but im warming to it.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (Shane @ Sep 6 2010, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yup sold the Bora Dave,got a 2.5 v6 TDI quattro avant with a few goodies on board.I bought it as a tow car mainly,its not for show and its not for go but im warming to it.

An avant no less! Deadly stuff shane. Throw up some pics man so we can have a Goo.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (oilburner2 @ Sep 6 2010, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great pics DavKav

If you are taking pictures outside Guinnesses, try one of the lead lamps one the inside from Lidl that plug into your cigarette lighter, it brightens up the pic in dark areas without blinding the camera, stolen off one of the DubKor and PVW

I will try and find some and post them up.

Love the car, is the long pic down in East point? or UCD?

Toe

Good idea toe. I'll give that a shot next time. I have a good led hand held that would probably.do the trick.

Yeah the long road shots are at east point. I just happened to be driving by and spotted. Promptly turned around and set up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.