Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a cat back exhaust system for the 1.8t, she was remapped during the summer and reckon this should add a few bhp onto that again, but is there any point getting it de-catted, while im changing the exhaust anyway. I know i ll have to change it back for ncts but could get a pipe custom made, wat gians would i expect??

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a cat back milltek on my 1.8T. I definetly noticed a difference with a carbonio cold air feed and n75j valve the boost comes in earlier and holds longer. If your already remapped I wouldn't bother decatting! Try one of the above!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (willgti @ Mar 29 2006, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a cat back milltek on my 1.8T. I definetly noticed a difference with a carbonio cold air feed and n75j valve the boost comes in earlier and holds longer. If your already remapped I wouldn't bother decatting! Try one of the above!

thats what i was thinking myself, too much hassle, how much for a good cold air intake for the 1.8ts?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have found a jetex cold air intake similar to bmc one-its a cylindrical box with a air pipe that can be run to the front of the car for 200e brand spanking new-sounds like the way to go, the jetex exhaust is being fitted as we speak but am afraid it wont fit out the back of the bumper, does anyone recommend cutting the bumper to accomodate it or get a rear skirt, i dont need to change the whole bumper as its just been sprayed a few months ago and is spotless..

·
Registered
263 Posts
You can cut the bumper but I wouldn't. Just get 4 V6 rear valance from the dealer for around 70 euro and change it. That's what I did. Before pic. I'll take one of the exhaust later and show you...

After

1 - 7 of 7 Posts