Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
My mate collected his 2004 Passat PD130 Sportline yesterday, but the ESP light is staying on when the car is driving, I was in the car and turned the switch on and off but it still stays on when driving.

When the car is not moving, you can turn the ESP on and off and the light will go on when the ESP is turned off as normal.

Its just staying on when driving, what would be causing this?

·
It's Michael for fecks sake!
1,779 Posts
Does it come on after a few miles of driving? i know with the Golf my ASR/ESP light was staying on and the cause was a broken wire to the alternator but the Passat may be set up different.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Try disconnecting the Air Mass Meter, leave it for a few seconds and reconnecting it. It has happened me a few times on varous VAG motors and this has worked. If not get someone with vagcom to have a quick check, or take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (Micky 32 @ Mar 19 2006, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does it come on after a few miles of driving?

Yeah it comes on pretty much straight away, and it then stays on

·
It&#39;s Michael for fecks sake&#33;
1,779 Posts
You will have to try vagcom, if its a broken alternator wire it will show a alternator fault code.

·
Registered
114 Posts
QUOTE (PD150 @ Mar 19 2006, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My mate collected his 2004 Passat PD130 Sportline yesterday, but the ESP light is staying on when the car is driving, I was in the car and turned the switch on and off but it still stays on when driving.

When the car is not moving, you can turn the ESP on and off and the light will go on when the ESP is turned off as normal.

Its just staying on when driving, what would be causing this?

You will need to scan the ABS Controller using VAG-COM to see what the problem is.
Let me know if you can't find anyone with VAG-COM ? PM me if you want.

Cheers
JD

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers lads, the car is going back up to Belgard to get sorted on Thursday, they had just serviced it before he collected off the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts