Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a 2009 Golf TDI highline for the past few months (bought it secondhand from a dealership). No problems thusfar, barring that the engine light has come on yesterday. The car has been serviced and looked after AFAIK. Checked the oil and it appears to be driving OK today.

My girlfriend noticed that one of the rear running lights appears to be out. I'm aware that on a Polo she had break lights going out was a cause of the engine light going on (I think, at least). Could this be the case with my car - a sensor or something causing it?

I'm going to bring it in for diagnostic, but I'm not sure I want to risk driving the car 150k back to the dealership in the north-west if it's something more serious or I could damage the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The light's vanished from the dash - for now.

I'm in Dublin and the garage where I bought it is at home in Donegal. I'd get it checked here but it's under warranty at the garage I bought it in, so might as well try there first if I can. I was concerned about whether I could damage something by driving with that particular light on, but if this isn't the case then it's not so bad. If it comes back on during the drive up I will get it checked, or may just drop in anyway to see.

Trevor- good idea too, Will do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.