Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lads
im a bit cheesed off with dpf issues with my vag 2.0 tdi 170 dpf.
I am currently looking at doing a dpf delete / remap.
can any of you please provide me with long term reports as to how
your cars have behaved afterwards.
i would be doing this primarily for reliability not performance.
How have you got on with the nct test?

thanks in advance

mickyd

·
Formally the tongue twister KEV GTI TDI 150
2,789 Posts
I have my 06 PD170 done by Joe Power(TDR Performance) about 12 months or 30k miles. I basically took the DPF out of the existing exhaust and sealed it back up, I then took it to Joe for the mapping. I have had no reliability issues sunce getting it done and the car went through the NCT with no problems either.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I've had my CR rs tdi done by Joe too. Really happy with the work Joe carried out. The car is driving much better
lots of power with little or no smoke from the exhaust and the mpg has improved a bit. Highly recommend it and for Joe to carry out the work!

·
vw pervert
118 Posts
Get rid of it!

Removed the DPF in my 170 tdi A4 last August/September - far nicer power delivery without it, much freeer low down.
Remapped by Joe afterwards - made the car!
And has been through it's NCT since without any issues.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Does anybody know will this pass through the north's mot? Lad I know from belfast is wondering about getting it done but is worried it won't pass the emissions up there.

·
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (tonto83 @ Apr 28 2011, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anybody know will this pass through the north's mot? Lad I know from belfast is wondering about getting it done but is worried it won't pass the emissions up there.
Check out Briskoda and Seatcupra.net, loads of them have gone through in the UK. Think there are new regulations coming in saying cars from a certain year must have evidence of DPF in place. What that means is anyones guess but I assume they would visually inspect the exhaust which should be fine for the lads with existing exhaust and DPF cut out but may be issue for those with DPF delete pipe.

·
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (tonto83 @ Apr 28 2011, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anybody know will this pass through the north's mot? Lad I know from belfast is wondering about getting it done but is worried it won't pass the emissions up there.
Check out Briskoda and Seatcupra.net, loads of them have gone through in the UK. Think there are new regulations coming in saying cars from a certain year must have evidence of DPF in place. What that means is anyones guess but I assume they would visually inspect the exhaust which should be fine for the lads with existing exhaust and DPF cut out but may be issue for those with DPF delete pipe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (westdubber @ Apr 28 2011, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Get rid of it!

Removed the DPF in my 170 tdi A4 last August/September - far nicer power delivery without it, much freeer low down.
Remapped by Joe afterwards - made the car!
And has been through it's NCT since without any issues.

thanks lads thats very reassuring to hear.

how many miles have you covered since the dpf delete

thanks mick

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE (KevC @ Apr 28 2011, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Check out Briskoda and Seatcupra.net, loads of them have gone through in the UK. Think there are new regulations coming in saying cars from a certain year must have evidence of DPF in place. What that means is anyones guess but I assume they would visually inspect the exhaust which should be fine for the lads with existing exhaust and DPF cut out but may be issue for those with DPF delete pipe.
Thanks kevin, I'll pass on the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.