Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, not sure exactly where to post this.

I'm undertaking to collect old donated, unwanted bikes of any type and restore/renovate them for the purpose of giving them to local charities, youth groups etc.

Just to note: this is a charitable cause. The aim is to provide bikes for non-profit to those who may not be able to afford a new bike or who cannot avail of the bike-to-work scheme due to unemployment

If you have any old bikes that you would like to donate, please email me at [email protected] or check out the facebook page I've set up on Rebike Facebook Page

It's already had a phenomenal response with a dozen bikes already donated.

I'm not looking for money from anyone; this will be done on my own free time, afforded to me by working shiftwork.

If you like to donate a few spare tubes, tyres, cables or even a can of grease or WD-40, that'd be very much appreciated also.

If you have a bike that you feel is only scrap and not worth saving, I'll happily take it; many parts can be saved and recycled (please pardon the pun!) and any excess scrap metal can be weighed in to raise money for service parts/tyres/tubes/cables etc to fix other bikes.

I'm based in the southeast but I can collect anywhere within reason as my old van's gone back on the road this week.

Thanks for taking the time to read this
Paul.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts