Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be fitting some springs to the Corrado over the next few weeks and I was just wondering does the front strut have that annoying saftey nut. You know the slotted nut with that you need a special tool to undo.

Mark

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
lol

I changed my front shocks without the tool, just used a snipe nosed pliers to hold the nut and loosened it by turning the strut itself with an allen key.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well then I will have to take you up on your generosity. It will be a few weeks before I get the time to fit these so Ill give you a bell before then and drop out and pick it up.

Sweet

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Sykes do them, used them in college. I could never get them tight enough using just a snipe nose pliers but it did get me out of a hole once.

I can get on to my old teacher to see if he knows where to get them?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Barry but Ill just get a loan of that one off Leon. They used to be on ebay but no luck finding any.

·
Registered
969 Posts
QUOTE (Geo @ Feb 7 2006, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lol

I changed my front shocks without the tool, just used a snipe nosed pliers to hold the nut and loosened it by turning the strut itself with an allen key.
Likewise, and it seems to do the trick. If you can get the special tool fairly handy it'd be better I suppose, though it's not critical.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Air tools do the trick! Just break the seal and you're laughing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts