Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When did the previous to current shape A4 come in , and what's a 03 1.9 TDi one likely to be worth?

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
The shape changed in 00/01 AFAIK.....
a 03 A4 TDI shoudl go for around the 28k+ mark at least for a 130bhp 6 speed with decent mileage..beware the 1000's of Uk imports...don't stear clear just double check the mileage using a hpi check...many are clocked !

I bought a UK Passat of the same vintage and once you are carefull all is well !

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm..holding value pretty well , arent they?

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
big time...even with a new model out they are doin very well...

great car in fairness........i went ofr the passat as couldn't validate the extra money for a smaller car....

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Passat130 @ Mar 29 2006, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>big time...even with a new model out they are doin very well...

great car in fairness........i went ofr the passat as couldn't validate the extra money for a smaller car....

Hmm.. again.. was thinking of changing the IS 200 for one , what's the economy and performance handling like?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
what is the IS200 like to drive RedLexus?? always though they were a good option instead of a beemer
plus the dials are very very cool in them like a swiss chrongraph watch

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (benkenobi @ Mar 30 2006, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what is the IS200 like to drive RedLexus?? always though they were a good option instead of a beemer
plus the dials are very very cool in them like a swiss chrongraph watch

That's why I bought it! at the time I was going for 320 BM , C200k Merc or the IS , not a Jap car fan at all tbh , but the IS was the nicest to drive , and wasn't as common , especially in red.....plus had much better reliability. Even hard laps of the Nordschleife failed to raise the temperature guage , or use any oil.....

@Passat130 , horses for courses , but you can't fairly compare economy on the diesel A4 and the IS , I was happy enough with the 30+mpg and the "smiles per mile" I'm getting..

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
QUOTE (RedLexus @ Mar 31 2006, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>@Passat130 , horses for courses , but you can't fairly compare economy on the diesel A4 and the IS , I was happy enough with the 30+mpg and the "smiles per mile" I'm getting..
Agreed......
You looking for econmy now, a long with a whole pile of torque ? get a TDI

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Passat130 @ Apr 3 2006, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Agreed......
You looking for econmy now, a long with a whole pile of torque ? get a TDI

Well tbh , economy , don't need a quick car anymore , I get my "blasts" out of the Integrale.... plus something that will resale fairly easy. BTW , the Red i , on 02-03 A4's , what bhp are they? Looked at a few in Al Hayes' yesterday , all with hi mileage tho'...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most TDI would have high milage I would be worried of one with low milage and no service books. An A4 with high milage with FASH is still a good car . my 03 has 88k on the clock and there is not a mark on the car. it look as if its only done half the milage

1 - 14 of 14 Posts