Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
@Veedubster........mine is pretty bog standard.

Pre 92
Bonnet sunken as such - _ - in the centre
Headlights are about 1 inch further back into the front of the car
6 Vent Grill
Foglights and indicators are a different type and are recessed into the bumper.
Lines along the bumper curl up at the corners.

Post 92
Bonnet raised as such _ - _ in the centre
Headlights are flush with the front of the car
4 Vent Grill
Foglights and indicators are a different type and are flush with the bumper.
Lines along the bumper fade out at the corners.
Also front wings are 5mm wider at the wheel arch.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
And Dave, the dash changed too, they went from the passat style rocker switches to push type ones, the heater controls went from mk2 golf style to mk3 golf style, the electric window switches moved from being in the side panel of the door to the top of the door speaker pods.
Oh yeah and the speedo on the later ones reads "corrado" in it

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
QUOTE i'm finding hard to find pics of standard corrados

take a look veedubster in my thread and most of the corrado pics on here there all pretty standard, mine is completly
bog standard the only cosmetic thing that ive done is lowered it and put on some lupo wipers

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
QUOTE (daveb @ Feb 8 2006, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>@ RMN

Smart Ass! he he he

I was only point out exteriors differences........u forgot to mention the speedo needles are red instead of white!

had to be done, but there are so many minor differences and the different years had minor updates all the way through

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Well my corrado is a bit of facelift and non facelift. It has the later humped bonnet and 3 slat grill but the fogs and indicators are not flushed with the bumpers. I'm not sure about the wings cause I have never compared`them but I think they are the wider ones.

As for the interior, mine is the early type with the slider heater controls and mk2 golf wiper and indicator stalks and the electric window switches in the door cards.

And my car was on a J plate which I understand is late 1991 which is when the facelift was introduced.

some pics here http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44

·
Registered
48 Posts
None of the G60s or 1.8 16Vs got the facelifted interior it was fitted to the 2.0l 16v, 8v and the VR6 I believe the exterior was changed for the 92 model year (cars manufactured from around Sept 91) But you will find that any corrados that have had any front panels replaced most likely have the new parts since the pre facelift panels were made obsolete.

Cheers
Dusty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.