Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
update >>ALL IS OK NOW

Ok I've been putting this off for weeks but nct is this Friday and my Corrado drivers window has stopped working
any ideas on what might be a easy fix

using the drivers side controls
the passenger window goes up and down, and when I try and do my drivers side I can hear the reply box in the rear passangers door card clicking on and off when I press the up or down drivers window button

I stripped off the door card today thinking it was a loose wire, and all looks to be ok
I can hear something engaging/clicking inside the door when the window motor is, so I guess the contacts are trying to engage the Motor to go forwards or backwards ( up/down) are the brushes worn out?

If the motor is gone, can I just replace the motor with out removing the whole window regulator setup?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
QUOTE (corradoman @ Apr 18 2011, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok I've been putting this off for weeks but nct is this Friday and my Corrado drivers window has stopped working
any ideas on what might be a easy fix

using the drivers side controls
the passanger window goes up and down, and when I try and do my drivers side I can hear the reply box in the rear passangers door card clicking on and off when I press the up or down drivers windown button

I stripped off the door card today thinking it was a loose wire, and all looks to be ok
I can hear something engauging/clicking inside the door when the windown motor is, so I guess the contacts are trying to engage the Motor to go forwards or backwards ( up/down) are the brushes worn out?

If the motor is gone, can I just replace the motor with out removing the whole window regulator setup?

Exactly the same as mine dude, you're looking at replacing the motor im afraid!

Hope she flies through the NCT!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Ciaran MK1 @ Apr 18 2011, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Exactly the same as mine dude, you're looking at replacing the motor im afraid!

Hope she flies through the NCT!
She should, she was back nct-ed so only got a year out of it. Would be annoyed if she didn't.

See what u want to know is can I just take the motor out of a passanger corrado door, and use it for the drivers side and do it with the regulator still in the car with out having to take the window glass etc out ???

Only the motor? Anyone know???????

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or anyone have a blue drivers side Corrado door? Somewhere near Kilkenny?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have the NCT tomorrow night at 730pm. The Corrado is in the garage now getting a few jobs done but you are more than welcome to drive down to Limerick and take a loan of the motor from my car for the test.

Provided you give it back after that is
i cant drive that car with the window up its too small in there!!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (vagslag @ Apr 19 2011, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have the NCT tomorrow night at 730pm. The Corrado is in the garage now getting a few jobs done but you are more than welcome to drive down to Limerick and take a loan of the motor from my car for the test.

Provided you give it back after that is
i cant drive that car with the window up its too small in there!!!

thanks man, I've replaced and installed manual and electric windows I a golf mk2 but Corrado ones are totlly different, the motors and regulator, are pop rivited in, and just has hard to get out. I had a spare passanger door sittig in the shed for my blondy Corrado, so I tried it using my cars electronics and the window worked so it had to be the motor! I took the motor etc out of my parts car, When I undid Mine, drilled all the rivits etc I said sure for the craic I'd see if mine now works... And the bastard started to move! So I think the window was jammed, or the motors brushes are starting to ware out. and when I pushing around the window it must of moved something. Didn't change the regulators, just pop rivited it back in. And have a spare one now for when it does finnaly pack up. I greesed everything, window runners and the wire etc so hopefully this will keep it working. Thanks again man for the offer, will u be at the Limerick show? What colour rado do u have? Any pics/ build thread?

·
Registered
383 Posts
QUOTE (corradoman @ Apr 19 2011, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks man, I've replaced and installed manual and electric windows I a golf mk2 but Corrado ones are totlly different, the motors and regulator, are pop rivited in, and just has hard to get out. I had a spare passanger door sittig in the shed for my blondy Corrado, so I tried it using my cars electronics and the window worked so it had to be the motor! I took the motor etc out of my parts car, When I undid Mine, drilled all the rivits etc I said sure for the craic I'd see if mine now works... And the bastard started to move! So I think the window was jammed, or the motors brushes are starting to ware out. and when I pushing around the window it must of moved something. Didn't change the regulators, just pop rivited it back in. And have a spare one now for when it does finnaly pack up. I greesed everything, window runners and the wire etc so hopefully this will keep it working. Thanks again man for the offer, will u be at the Limerick show? What colour rado do u have? Any pics/ build thread?

No bother, that stuff always happens
i have a green VR6 i bought it off Griff on this site its in the for sale section on here. I will be at the show alright should be a laugh

i will post up pics of the car now in a couple of days

·
Registered
959 Posts
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3827889

it's not quite that easy
drill out 7 pop rivits, u don't need to take the window glass out, just remove the two sliding arms from the window and loads of moving around and it does come out

Best tip, get a vice grip or clamp and clamp the window up once u have the sliding arms removed. I'll post up some pics later 30 -50 min job

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.