Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here done a transplant like that before??Just wondering about the starter motors and alternator? will normal 1.8 do or wats the story????

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Glenn @ Jan 16 2006, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What gearbox are you going to use?

Havent found one yet but lookin for GTI box--

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty&#33;
2,931 Posts
In that case you'll need the flywheel and starter to match as GTI flywheel is smaller. I've a G60 engine complete bar the charger for sale if you're interested.

Gearoid, i wasn't suggesting a 1.3 box, needed to know before i could answer the question about the starter.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
there was a thread on vage about fitting a g60 in to a mk2 1.3

you need to use the flywheel and starter to match the gearbox, rod change or cable change.

·
Resident Polo Pervert
5,183 Posts
QUOTE (Glenn @ Jan 16 2006, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>In that case you'll need the flywheel and starter to match as GTI flywheel is smaller. I've a G60 engine complete bar the charger for sale if you're interested.

Gearoid, i wasn't suggesting a 1.3 box, needed to know before i could answer the question about the starter.

I know you were not Glenn, but believe it or not some people think they will fit.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
the mk2 gti driveshafts are longer than non gti items too.
so you could use a mk2 gti box and shafts witht he g60 engine and you would be laughing

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
yeah, and just get some 16v hubs, i think Glenn might be selling some.
I wont put down the length of the drive shafts as i may be wrong and i know someone will correct me, even if it was .23 of a milimeter.......

·
Registered
713 Posts
LOL
And if I had put a comment in like that I would have been told I was being aggressive or something.
I see our resident spammer is back again today, derestrictor couldnt have been more right on that one!!
, As I said already Richard, i have no interest in posting a reply to every single thread on the forum. unlike some.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Jeez, the one on the right actually looks a bit like you Richard. The one on the left doesnt really do me any justice to be fair Gearoid.
My hair is a bit more blue than pink.

·
Registered
713 Posts
@GS, you havent taken into account all that money I spent on getting my tits done............. Probably shouldnt take this conversation any further

Should really be getting back on topic here I suppose or the moderators will be giving out. So a G60 into a mk2 1.3, anyone?????

1 - 20 of 30 Posts