Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congratulations to DaveC for 3rd place in first round of ITCC today on Mondello . Very impresive result for old mk2 G60

I have been with sportchipe.ie and cars he prepared for race comeback 1st and 2nd

Congratulations to all of you . That was fabtastic day

Hallo to Neilo and also to lads i just met - Marty Moore and Paddy Mcgrath . Cant wait to see your pictures guys

My pics are to follow ( as soon as my battery will charge )

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Thanks Archie.
Really enjoyed yesterday's racing.
Arrived Saturday for my frist spin in the new car and its new straight line acceleration was very impressive. However, its handling was awful.
I played around with it for a while but couldnt get it to do anything for me. Was at least a sec slower than last year.
The stick brought it out for a few laps and right away zoned in on the fact that it was far too stiff. Changed springs late sat evening and the next time for qualifiying Sun morning. Right away, it felt way better and I qualified 3rd in the Touring class.
Had an awful start which was disappointing as the car is really strong off the line but it was my own fault. Got into a few good dices thought the race and ended up in 3rd. Unfortunatley (depending on how you look at it I supppose) I crossed the cut off time and was moved up to ST class for race 2 where I had to start at the back of the grid

I got a cracking start in race 2 and was 5th at one stage I think but I was no match for the more experienced drivers on that grid and ended up down falling back where I had a good battle with Keith in his immaculate Honda powered Corrado for a few laps but in the end I just didnt have the pace for him and he got past me.

Delighted with how the car went and had no issuse with it at all on the day. The Lysholm charger kit is pretty impressive.
The only video I have is of it on the dyno last week. It sounds much better out on the track

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Well done yesterday the mk2 sounded crazy I loved it. I will have pictures on freshfix towards the end of the week.

@archie- nice to meet you too

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Keiths Corrado is one of the best cars on the grid IMO. WHen he gets to grips with it, he's going to do real well.
Yeah, its great to see a few VW's out mixing it with all the Hondas.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Yeah James had a pretty big roll at the 1st part if the esses. Car is pretty bad but thankfully he is fine.
The car made 254 brake in martins at 0.5 bar boost on the lysholm charger. I'm running it on the biggest pulley they do for them but wnat reliability rather than outright power. It has plenty enough as it is.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well done Blocker.... a great result snatched from the jaws of despair!

As Dave says I did a few laps in his car on Saturday and it was lethal to be honest, but I had a good idea what it needed and watching the car from the outside later in the day confirmed it - 30 minutes suspension work and it was 3 seconds faster the next day, there's a lesson in there for all the power hungry amongst us. Even Clarke is seeing the light!

I was commentating on race 1 and up until Dave missed his gear change I was full sure he was gonna lead into turn one, the pace of the car was realy impressive... as the man himself says he got bumped up to the Super Touring class such was his pace, considering the car is not even set up yet and Dave is still getting to grips with it he will be mixing it in the top 10 for the season.

Myself I had a good day, I got pole position in the CRX with a time of 59.4 and set a new saloon car lap record in race one which I won. Race two I started 6th (reverse grid) and got to the lead by the end of the first lap. With a comfortable lead over Martin Treacy I had it in the bag until a CV joint cried enough and I had to retire (and hit the steering wheel repeatedly)

Here's a video of the opening lap of race two

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.