Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
QUOTE (colm61261 @ Apr 9 2011, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Has any one a complete brake convertion for sale please
to fit a mk1 golf ,
brakes , carriers , disks , etc . i need all the parts please
i want to change the front disks and rear hubs to a matching set of disks
colm
bump

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hi Colm, Just some info for you. My (83) golf, originally a 1.6 diesel, Opel Vectra (97 type) front calipers bolt straight on with a bushing, simply, Opel use M14's and VW use M12. so you gota take up the slack in the carrier hole. Use Mk2 golf 16V disk's and 14" wheels are a must. My 79 Scirocco has the same setup, just bolts straight on. Use a caddy master cylinder (bigger bore)available from you local motor factor, all nice and cheap. I am not sure why you would need scirocco 16V carriers/hubs. Most of the forum's say you do, maybe the golf diesel (mk1) are the same, My scirocco is an 8v GLS.

Bet your confused now.

Pat.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Newtown Mk1 @ Apr 10 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Colm, Just some info for you. My (83) golf, originally a 1.6 diesel, Opel Vectra (97 type) front calipers bolt straight on with a bushing, simply, Opel use M14's and VW use M12. so you gota take up the slack in the carrier hole. Use Mk2 golf 16V disk's and 14" wheels are a must. My 79 Scirocco has the same setup, just bolts straight on. Use a caddy master cylinder (bigger bore)available from you local motor factor, all nice and cheap. I am not sure why you would need scirocco 16V carriers/hubs. Most of the forum's say you do, maybe the golf diesel (mk1) are the same, My scirocco is an 8v GLS.

Bet your confused now.

Pat.

thanks pat ,
im more confused now than ever

·
Registered
225 Posts
QUOTE (Newtown Mk1 @ Apr 10 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Colm, Just some info for you. My (83) golf, originally a 1.6 diesel, Opel Vectra (97 type) front calipers bolt straight on with a bushing, simply, Opel use M14's and VW use M12. so you gota take up the slack in the carrier hole. Use Mk2 golf 16V disk's and 14" wheels are a must. My 79 Scirocco has the same setup, just bolts straight on. Use a caddy master cylinder (bigger bore)available from you local motor factor, all nice and cheap. I am not sure why you would need scirocco 16V carriers/hubs. Most of the forum's say you do, maybe the golf diesel (mk1) are the same, My scirocco is an 8v GLS.

Bet your confused now.

Pat.
are they good tho???

·
&#39;Black Balled&#39; member
5,500 Posts
Ive late 16V mk2 Gti 256mm discs n opel vectra calipers on the caddy; its a vast improvement over the original set up; stops as well as an 'modern car' now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.