Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Did colour concepts come in black & in 4 doors?
Are they all 2.0?
Seen a add locally for nice 98 one its going for good money.

Dan

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
going to look at it this week, its a toss up between this and a 1.6 A3 well thats the options so far, the mk3 is 98 and A3 97

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
id go for the A3 even though its older and smaller engine,
Chris, (used to be on vage) had a silver one(1.8t) and it was one of the nicest cars ive ever had the privilage to drive. Dunno how different the 1.6 is to the 1.8 but their a head turner modded or not.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Yeah get the pics up!
I spent the last 2 days working on my mk3 VR6, now its a mk3 shell and lots of boxes of bits

Mk3's are becoming very popular now, and its about time too

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Collecting it on Tuesday fecking bank is closed on monday lol! yeah tidy wagon, Strandard apart from full stainless and suspension!

Dave its about time we seen some of your projects ha ha, camera shy??

Just got to sell my own mk3 now!

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (kvw @ Dec 31 2005, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>mk3's rock, great value for money at the moment.

I wish someone would take mine off my hands then! I'm not looking the earth for it either.

97 Anniversary 16V anybody??? Silver 3dr.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
QUOTE (BrendanM @ Jan 4 2006, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wish someone would take mine off my hands then! I'm not looking the earth for it either.

97 Anniversary 16V anybody??? Silver 3dr.

More details this way please!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Picked the Car up last nite, well happy very clean, few wee minor things to sort out but nothing serious!

Im very suprised on how bloody quick it is, noise of it would waken the dead ha ha

Is that Mfa craic auccrate?

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (VwDan @ Jan 5 2006, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Im very suprised on how bloody quick it is, noise of it would waken the dead ha ha

Is that Mfa craic auccrate?

Yeh think it's accurate enough alright.

What exhaust system has it got?

You must be coming from a 1.4 background Dan cos they ain't quick! Hell even the 16V wasn't quick. Too much weight in them. 8V is only 115 BHP, useless in a big heavy car.

The colour concepts are nice, looks like you landed on your feet!
Best of luck with it. Get some pics uploaded.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure what make of an exhaust it is, havent had time to look yet, must see this w/end!

my current golf is a 1.8 driver with a full cam kit ect!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I wouldn't have thought the 8V GTi would be much quicker than your 1.8 Dan, seeing that it has cams? Have you any idea what BHP it is making? What did the 1.8 make as standard do ya know?

My 16V has a Sebring stainless backbox (twin square pipes), it wasn't much louder than the standard box until I removed the big dog of a box between the CAT and the backbox. The baffles were fucked in it so made sense just to get a straight thru from the CAT to backbox. Now it growls!!

I suspect yours may have the same done if it is as loud as you say.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts