Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planing on dropping the golf (mk2 8v) within a mm of it's life during the summer, and slap some new rims on her aswell. What I want to know, is how low can I go? What coilovers are best to do so? Oh, and the wheels will be fare wide, so will this effect locking? 15 x 9 at rear and 15 x 8.5 up front...

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
on these irish roads i wouldnt go to low,

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Oisin @ Mar 28 2006, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Your wheels on her today wouldnt look so hot w/ her slammed!

Nope, they sure wouldn't. Damn steelies!
Getting the MR2 back on thursday or friday, so she'll be going back into storage!

The car won't be taken out all that much, and when it is, it'll be slow and only on the best roads

·
Savage Member
3,419 Posts
I had a mk2 8v about two years ago and I just couldnt get it low enough.

I had AVO coilovers(no good) and 7.5x16 Borbet A's
The car was so low and I had so much cut out of the inner arches
that when I took the rear pannel off inside I could put my hand
on the tyre

My GF sat in one wet night and when she put on her seatbelt
it was covered in shit from the wheel spraying up.

There is no way you can fit 9x15 on the back,7.5s and a good
slam will even rub.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Dieseldave @ Mar 28 2006, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is no way you can fit 9x15 on the back,7.5s and a good
slam will even rub.

Hmmm, so you recommend 7.5's then? You had 16's on, will it differ that I'll have 15's? Any pics of your mk2...

Alan

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
That was urself im guessing in the mk2 last night in Texaco?

Couldnt stop as the girlfriend was with me, and in not so good a mood so...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anybody remember a vage meet in Urlingford about 3 years ago? A Friend of mine came along in a red mk3 van with coilovers and a set of 8.8x14" RH Aluraid Cup wheels. He burst the sump nut on the way, on a cat's eye on the road!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Off the cats eyes

@Oisin: Was looking at your car in amazment! Bloody lovely, and wheels are unreal
Good work! And me being as slow as I am, I only realised it was you when you were just pulling out of texaco
As for the steelies, the tyre's are brand new
done about 200 miles on em so far
And not for sale, they'll be winter wheel... once they've been sprayed, saned down but never got round to spraying them...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts