Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner

Cobra Alarm And Flip Key

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dylzer 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have always had a Cobra alarm fitted to car since I've had it. It comes as a key and a fob separately.

Has anyone found a flip key that the cobra chip can fit into??

THIS is the fob.

I did come across a site where the chap seems to have made one himself and sold them on.

THIS is the site. The chip in the pictures is a cobra 7777 chip that I have as I'm sure others do too. Its not a HAA blade thats fitted to it in the pictures and either way they're not available anymore.

Is it just me or are they staring me in the face all over ebay and I just haven't twigged it.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
That man seam to be using a key fob very similar to these...
Maybe not the right link but look through there shopEbay they have a lot of stuff and seam to have a good name on the UK fourms

Might have to cut out some of the interior plastic to make your chip fit correctly. He cut a slot in the side as well for the cobra satus LED to shine through as well.

I bough one of there central locking kits for my Mk3 and the quality of the fobs is fairly decent..
You can get which ever key blade you want with them, cost me €5 to get mine two blankes cut in the local locksmiths.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.