Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I really like this pic, very dramatic...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yea, myself, Tony and Graham nearly shit ourselves when we saw the cop car parked at the hairpin

post away thread is for all pics, if thats ok with the mods...

·
Registered
284 Posts
@ Craig; Surely if you are going to send pics to PVW, surely you'd be better off waiting for a bigger meet? Can't see them printing another one if you send in these. There are loloads & loads more beautifull VW's out there like Ronans Rallye, EoinO's Mark 1 Golf, Glenn Golf, Trevors Beetle etc.
I'd say wait for a big meet or organise a meet that you will send pics to PVW, and see what cars turn up. I don't think there was enough of a turn out and cars to make a feature on PVW.

If I were you I'd hold off and do it properly, and show the English boys what we really have.

I could be wrong here, what do others think?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
QUOTE (Stan @ Feb 27 2006, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>@ Craig; Surely if you are going to send pics to PVW, surely you'd be better off waiting for a bigger meet? Can't see them printing another one if you send in these. There are loloads & loads more beautifull VW's out there like Ronans Rallye, EoinO's Mark 1 Golf, Glenn Golf, Trevors Beetle etc.
I'd say wait for a big meet or organise a meet that you will send pics to PVW, and see what cars turn up. I don't think there was enough of a turn out and cars to make a feature on PVW.

If I were you I'd hold off and do it properly, and show the English boys what we really have.

I could be wrong here, what do others think?

Everyone was informed that the pics from this meet would be submitted to PVW, Stan.

If people were interested in having their cars featured, surely they would have attended?

I'm not being smart lad, but I though everyone was aware of this?

G

·
@8valve, exactly though the photographer initially planned couldnt make it, i think dave did a great job..

lads send on more links of any pics ye have... and lets make it look like a sunday meet to the next one we have will be bigger and better and sent to PVW again

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sure what's the point in sending them pics of the next one AGAIN.........?

They will only be bothered with pics of one Irish meet. Why would they want to publish the same thing twice?

How about hold these photo's and send them in with the next lot. To be honest I can't see much of an article being written up on this. Was a nice day out with a few nice cars, but nothing to write an article on.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
QUOTE (daveb @ Feb 27 2006, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree with Stan, we should get together pics from2 or 3 meets in and let PVW decide what to print. I've seen twice as many cars at the meet in Borisokane in April with warm weather to boot!

Agreed Too. Try to get a load of photos together from a couple of meets.
There was a good turnout on Sunday with some nice cars, but we have PLENTY more
really nice VWs here that should give the others on the other side of the Irish Sea an
idea of what we have over here. There's no point in sending over a few pics.
What we should be doing is sending over pics with maybe 4 or 5 pics of each mark Golf
(Mk1-5)(Golf Rallyes, Limited, etc) some with some great engine & cosmetic work done (G60 Mk1, 1.8T Mk2s, VR6 Mk3s, VR6 Vento etc etc), Corrados (G60, VR6), Sciroccos, Mk1 Cabrios, Mk1 Golf pick-up & van, Skodas (VRs etc),
Audis (S3s etc), Jettas, Ventos, Polos (G40s etc), Passats, Beetles (old & new), Touregs (wait for Daves!),
& maybe some Campers......

Over here we have all the same cars & some even better, so I think that we should give them the best impression possible

G

·
DONE, this is a club event, we will have a couple of events and post the pics of a FEW, i will do a write up on it if ye like, and an article on the days events as it unfolded yesterday and if we had one for each of three events say!!

but id like to have it in the mag soon, so can we have more meets soon, maybe scattered locations

·
Registered
284 Posts
Your best bet for a good turn out would be sometime in the summer, as not all the good cars would be taxed all year round, as they would not be used as an every day car. Most would be insured for the summer.

Don't rush it, take your time and make sure the big cars turn up. It will be worth it in the long run.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
If we thought that it was cold on Sunday up in the "Vee" can you imagine how some of the lads over in the States felt when they had a meet or "GTG" on Sunday too......check out the white stuff.....bbbuuuurrrr..looks cold!

New England Meet

1 - 20 of 132 Posts