Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My neighbor had a 02 passat up for sale a few months back and it was in my shed on March the 26th getting a valet for a buyer to looking at it on the 27th of march. The servicing of the vehicle was done by a mate of mine and it had 149,500 miles on the car when it was getting valeted. Now this is the car and it was advertised with the mileage mixed up but you can take my word it was 149,500 as i had seen it.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1885634

Now, a person from galway bough the car that sunday after looking at it on the 27th and it was then sold to a man in Roscommon in the mean time and this is the add put up for it:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2041045

Check out the mileage difference!! Either the man clocked it in galway or roscommon. I rang the number for barry in roscommon yesterday but the car is now since sold on and i was gonna ask about the clocking but i had no proof it was him or the man in galway that done it!! Bad form tho as they have put back the mileage by 40,000miles... It a bloody disgrace!!

·
'Black Balled' member
5,500 Posts
QUOTE timing belt and pump done at 98,000 mile,any test welcome,call for more info,

so it effectievely has touching 52,000 miles on that belt.... It seems in the current economic climate folk will do 'whatever it takes' to sell a car, and that presumably means clocking.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (BLZEEDUB @ Apr 11 2011, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>so it effectievely has touching 52,000 miles on that belt.... It seems in the current economic climate folk will do 'whatever it takes' to sell a car, and that presumably means clocking.

yup, pretty much has 52,000 miles extra. Like i wonder what his proof of the timing belt done is?? Suppose it Tommy the mechanic down the road that done it!!!

·
&#39;Black Balled&#39; member
5,500 Posts
QUOTE Like i wonder what his proof of the timing belt done is?? Suppose it Tommy the mechanic down the road that done it!!!

proberley a €2 Euro shop bottle of tippex 'legend' on the T/B cover -shur thats guarantee enough....

·
Registered
78 Posts
if you google his number... "barry" is a trader of sorts so would have a certain responsibility and a conscience (you would hope).....

i'm not going to put the name down but there is a distinctive car in the background (also for sale) connected to a business, which is advertised on another van in the background.... the plot thickens

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (alx-mac @ Apr 11 2011, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if you google his number... "barry" is a trader of sorts so would have a certain responsibility and a conscience (you would hope).....

i'm not going to put the name down but there is a distinctive car in the background (also for sale) connected to a business, which is advertised on another van in the background.... the plot thickens

Yea, google'd his number straight away when i seen the add, that was another reason for not asking him about the clocking of the car is that he seems a proper dealer. I could ring again tomorrow and pretend i never rang before and have spotted both adds on donedeal to see what he says about them.

My plan was to ask where exactly he lived and his full name yesterday and say i was gonna call up and see the car then drop the bombshell that it was clocked at whats the reason behind that....but he siad car was sold!! He said he has another 02 passat coming in on wednesday as well

·
&#39;Black Balled&#39; member
5,500 Posts
QUOTE He said he has another 02 passat coming in on wednesday as well

did you ask him what mileage was on it?

His response would possibly be 'what sort of mileage on a yoke are you looking for" lol

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Just seen this now... my brother nearly bought a 04 passat b5.5 off (what I think) is the same "barry". It was a lovely clean car, good tyres etc,.
I done a car tell on it and the mileage was the exact same as when it was 1st registered in Ireland in 2007. Since then it had 3 owners in 3 years in Ireland that didn't even put up a single mile!

He had it done perfect so that No Decrepancy would show up in the report

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.