Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought the auto glym "interior shampoo" at the weekend. read the back of the bottle and proceeded to clean the seats.......zilch. nothing. no difference at all. im sure the product is fine, its definitely the user!
so what do YOU do to clean your seats??

(by the way i didnt take the seats out of the car, just sprayed product on, agitated it a bit with a brush, rubbed off with cloth and then hoovered to dry).

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
what i did was got the upholstery cleaner in lidi and sprayed that on left for five mins and whipped off.
worked a treat

duno what youd do with the auto glym

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
QUOTE (mossey0708 @ Apr 11 2011, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>FAB, end of discussion. Fierce stuff altogether. AG can be hit and miss in their products, though I've not personally used that stuff.

Where do you get the FAB product mossey?
How does it work? Liquid or foam?

I normally use 1001 carpet cleaner on seats or mats/carpet.

·
Premium Member
3,798 Posts
QUOTE (Mike @ Apr 11 2011, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where do you get the FAB product mossey?
How does it work? Liquid or foam?

I normally use 1001 carpet cleaner on seats or mats/carpet.

clicky

Liquid, I apply by misting heavy and then agitate, allow to dry and then hoover well, worked very well on the family galaxy that had not even seen a hoover in nearly a year.

It's supposed to be very similar to 1001.

·
Sam D
1,707 Posts
i get great results from the auto glym on my recaro's...

plenty of shampoo, small bit of water, nail brush, scrub til the brush comes clean (keep rinsing)

wipe with wet cloth, and keep rinsing that til it comes clean and no more dirt coming off. leave to dry and vac. job done.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
i always use that autoglym on the carpets it the footwells.. spray it on rub it in with a brush wipe off with a cloth and hoover.. always comes out as new... its also very good for cleaning the dash and doorcards

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the input.

i must try again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.