Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone reccomend someone to chip my 02 Golf GT TDI 150bhp. It is totally standard at the minute and I d like a bit more oooomph. Westward seem to be the best option unless someone can recommend anyone else. Also roughly what should it cost?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had the same car done in Turbotech in Wicklow, it is a good map that is smooth all the way. I think it cost around €900 but that was for the dyno setup that took most of a day. You could get it done for cheaper than that. The output is now a claimed 207 bhp with 350lbs torque but talk to Micky32 cause he's done alot to his pd130 and output on these cars can vary alot. That was the second map I got cause I had to upgrade the clutch after the first cause it was slipping like mad.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'd go with Westward and the Revo software, seems to be the best value for money for what power you get. 207bhp seems like a lot to claim from a PD150 with just a remap.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Does seem like alot, but PD150s Golf put out over 170 standard I think

·
Registered
97 Posts
There's a few other things done too like full miltek and BMC induction but its only a claimed 207 that is on the graph....

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (Mark N @ Mar 20 2006, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>207bhp seems like a lot to claim from a PD150 with just a remap.

Not if your PD150 is putting out 172 in standard form before you get it chipped

Any one wanna buy a PD150 before I spend €200 on a mobile valet

·
Registered
270 Posts
Steven at ODB Autotune. Located in Ballymena. +447940397751
€250 for a custom re-map and he really knows his stuff.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
QUOTE(BrendanM @ May 31 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]21595[/snapback]

There is no way in earth he can provide a custom remap for that price !!

·
It&#39;s Michael for fecks sake&#33;
1,779 Posts
QUOTE(chippedIRE.com @ May 31 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]21608[/snapback]

Yes its very possible, i got one for a lot less via email and uploaded myself( and that included 3 maps)
and he knows his stuff because i now have 200bhp+ with no smoke whatsoever and a smooth car

Some of the tuners prices especially in the UK are outrageous

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty&#33;
2,931 Posts
QUOTE(PD150 @ Mar 20 2006, 10:11 PM) [snapback]13392[/snapback]
Any one wanna buy a PD150 before I spend €200 on a mobile valet

I'd recommend that Dave, Andy was a little put off by half of Sam in the back

·
old school member
653 Posts
i,d recommend autowerks in cork...alan ther did my pd130 and she is flying prices are very resonable,if going to westward....dont be sold a tuneing box(they are rubish stay away
.also be aware that revo can be very much over confident with their est of bhp and end figures
.skn chip in mine and seems to be the job

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty&#33;
2,931 Posts
QUOTE(jedi @ Jun 1 2006, 02:33 PM) [snapback]21702[/snapback]
i,d recommend autowerks in cork...alan ther did my pd130 and she is flying prices are very resonable,if going to westward....dont be sold a tuneing box(they are rubish stay away
.also be aware that revo can be very much over confident with their est of bhp and end figures
.skn chip in mine and seems to be the job

And what's your "figure"? Or do we just take your word for it? I know several reople who've had Revo on their TDI's with great results. Martin can also throw her on the rollers if required, and from my expereience has the most accurate RR in the country.

·
It&#39;s Michael for fecks sake&#33;
1,779 Posts
QUOTE(Glenn @ Jun 1 2006, 02:43 PM) [snapback]21703[/snapback]
And what's your "figure"? Or do we just take your word for it? I know several reople who've had Revo on their TDI's with great results. Martin can also throw her on the rollers if required, and from my expereience has the most accurate RR in the country.

Revo was a good remapp, its a fairly clean exhaust too. However, Revo qoute 180bhp but in reality you will only get around the 170 ish mark., but having said that you wont get much more than 170 out of a 130 with just a remapp on its standard turbo and IC because you will either smoke all over the place or your turbos life will be shortened.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Got mine up-soluted, good job, a little over the €400 mark. Got roughly 170bhp from a PD130 Peter - LogicAutomotive

·
Registered
292 Posts
QUOTE(BrendanM @ May 31 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]21595[/snapback]

do these guys have a web site....

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE(Glenn @ Jun 1 2006, 01:53 PM) [snapback]21697[/snapback]
I'd recommend that Dave, Andy was a little put off by half of Sam in the back

I must send it around to Parkwest again
, they took it and valeted it, they kept it for 3 days

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I had most of the maps going when I had one wayback and I found that a lot of people think they have a lot of power because of the way it is delivered, ie. with a big bang

I'd talk to Micky32, the map he has in his car is by far the best I have had a go in.

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE(chippedIRE.com @ May 31 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]21608[/snapback]

He can and does. He did one for me with super results.

Now don't get me wrong, it wasn't done on a RR to tweak it or anything like that. But it's not a generic map, he made alterations to my existing map, tweaked it. So that is a custom re-map.

http://www.obd-auto-tune.co.uk/

1 - 20 of 27 Posts