Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner

Central Locking Glitch

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cormob 
#1 ·
Am having a problem with my central locking at the minute. When I lock my car, the doors lock but my boot opens. When I unlock the car, the doors open but the boot unlocks. Its nothing electrical causing it. The central locking vacuum pump only has one port, and all doors are run off this, so it must be my boot actuator. Can anyone confirm that certain actuators work in reverse. Maybe the previous owner changed it and got the wrong one.

#2 ·
QUOTE (Dev @ Feb 22 2012, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Am having a problem with my central locking at the minute. When I lock my car, the doors lock but my boot opens. When I unlock the car, the doors open but the boot unlocks. Its nothing electrical causing it. The central locking vacuum pump only has one port, and all doors are run off this, so it must be my boot actuator. Can anyone confirm that certain actuators work in reverse. Maybe the previous owner changed it and got the wrong one.

Did you try unplugging the actuator, unlocking the rest of the doors then plugging it back in? It's just a simple on/off switch I think so that should work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.