Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 caddy and from day 1 the clutch is very heavy,its very tricky when taking off as the van shudders a lot and will stall if your revs are not high enough when you would expect to let your foot off the clutch and away you go,main dealer was no help when i was under warranty and i havent gone near them since as i know they are bullshitting me.I have gone through 2 cv joints on the passengers side and it is starting to go again,its a tdi 104 bhp but it seems to be a lot more powerful than other caddys ive driven,there is only 125,000 kilometers ant nobody seems to want to pinpoint the problem,any body with the same problem?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Might have been remapped and the extra torque has knackered the dmf

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Sounds like a definite flywheel problem. 125,000km is about average mileage for them to go.

The CV joint shouldn't fail unless the boot splits. Replacing a CV joint and using a cheap boot is a false economy. We find that the only boots that last are the genuine VW ones and the GKN brand ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.