Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner

Buyer Matching Agency ?

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  737 Driver 
#1 ·
Just had one of these clowns on the phone to me about the Golf, told him to sod off. Are any of these messers real or what ?

#4 ·
What's their story then?

How do they make money out of the whole deal, basically how do they operate
if you don't tell them to fnck off!?

#5 ·
English number for a starters, foreign accent, ringing about 'Golf' for sale, from Volkswagen section of something-or-other, buyer matching agency, will get buyers for my car, then he wanted address to send details, so told him I wasnt interested, insisted on address, so hung up.

The whole lot sounded dodgy, but just wondered if it was a scam or what.

#6 ·
QUOTE (thos @ Jan 30 2006, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>English number for a starters, foreign accent, ringing about 'Golf' for sale, from Volkswagen section of something-or-other, buyer matching agency, will get buyers for my car, then he wanted address to send details, so told him I wasnt interested, insisted on address, so hung up.

The whole lot sounded dodgy, but just wondered if it was a scam or what.

From what you describe, it sounds like he would pop over or get someone else to pick up your car & probably not part with any money!

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
I got calls from those wankers when I was selling the S3,

Yer man trying to convince me that he had UK buyers for my car, when I explained to the dimwit that my car was far too expensive to sell into the uk due to its price new over here including VRT, he really got the hump, got rather snotty, I told him to beat it, he then hung up,rang me back a few minutes later all sweetness and light,apologising for his bad language and behavior, so I called him ten kinds of a gobshite and told him if he rang me again I'd be on to the police........no more calls.
Its a scam and a popular one at that.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yeh it's a scam...and unfortunately I fell for it last Summer. There wasn't as much heard about them at the time and I was a bit suspicious but the guy offered me a price for the car, it was more than I was expecting so I took a chance on it. Said he had a couple of customers in MY area & when I registered he would pass my contact details to these "potential customers" who would then get in touch with me. Said one of them wanted to view the car that evening if possible.

So I registered for a fee of £80 which I would get back (I think that was the story) as soon as I sold the car. Never got any of the calls that I was assured I would get.

I intended to threaten them with a case for false advertising & mention the ombudsman, maybe I might scare them into giving a refund but never got round to it....too much money me
but this is a reminder so I'm gonna write an e-mail this very min.

So the verdict is: Complete & utter scams, the whole lot of them. Their sale pitch is quite good if you haven't heard about them before....so be warned.

These were the guys....
http://www.vehiclematch.org/

#10 ·
They rang me aswell and I told them to feck off also, it took a while to get him off the phone though

Sure dont CBG and Autotrader hound people aswell when they have ads in the Buy & Sell.

#11 ·
they caught a neighbour of mine for around 300 euro, he's an old lad and didn't know any better, he was selling a car for his son that had gone to australia, he sent the fuckers two draft cheques for 100 stg and never heard from them again.

cunts

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here are the details of who registerd the site vehiclematch.org - there email is also listed - not sure if the ombudsman would be interested in contacting them or not -

Domain ID:D101857277-LROR
Domain Name:VEHICLEMATCH.ORG
Created On:16-Oct-2003 11:38:31 UTC
Last Updated On:15-Aug-2005 11:04:26 UTC
Expiration Date:16-Oct-2007 11:38:31 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:CSL Computer Service Langenbach GmbH (R25-LROR)
Registrant ID:CORG-26584
Registrant Name:kieran cassidy
Registrant Organization:vehiclematch.org
Registrant Street1:44 manford court
Registrant Street2:manford way
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:chigwell
Registrant State/Province:essex
Registrant Postal Code:ig7 4dp
Registrant Country:GB
Registrant Phone:+020.85003496
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:kpcass@hotmail.com

#14 ·
QUOTE (737 Driver @ Feb 1 2006, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got 3 calls in the past 3 weeks, luckily enough had been warned about them. All UK numbers.

Yeah I had a few missed calls from the UK when they rang me, they would'nt leave a message though, they kept ringing until they got me in person.

#15 ·
There total scum. when i was selling my skyline i must have ahd about 15 diffrent companys onto me. the vehical match was a totall scum even ended up on bbc watch dog. lol
But there are veyr convincing, cos you just want to get rid of teh car and it sounds way to good to be true the price they offer. and its a risk that you htiunk migth be owth ah well some have fallen for it.

#18 ·
QUOTE (737 Driver @ Feb 13 2006, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Here's another number from the UK that rang me today:
+442084474000
"Hi, is your car still for sale? Because we have a buyer for it"
Needless to say I hung up.

Feckers, I would have started to mess them about and then hang up on them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.