Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
QUOTE (Tiggger @ Apr 25 2011, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>my bora keeps catching the back right arch why is it only back right nd i tried lowered springs & joms still same prob would my rs6 reps be 2 wide dey 18"

As far as i know the rear axle on FWD boras is slightly longer on one side can't remember which,someone like Walter would know.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I was going to suggest get the measurin tape out and double check for accident damage...

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
The back axle is slightly off centre on every fwd VW. It's only when you lower them significantly that you notice this. You can get the axle centred by a competent tyre place that does alignment, all they have to do is loosen the bolts holding the axle to the chassis and tap it over a couple of mm, or you can do it yourself if you're any way handy.

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Carden @ Apr 26 2011, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The back axle is slightly off centre on every fwd VW. It's only when you lower them significantly that you notice this. You can get the axle centred by a competent tyre place that does alignment, all they have to do is loosen the bolts holding the axle to the chassis and tap it over a couple of mm, or you can do it yourself if you're any way handy.
is that wat you did did it sort your prob or are my jom coilovers not hard enough..??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.