Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had a problem with the sensor on their boot? Mine keeps beeping (REALLY annoying)
and saying the luggage compartment is open??? Where is it located and is it a matter of replacing it? I noticed there was a little bit of damp around the latch when I opened it this morning, dunno if that has anything to do with it? Thanks...

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Mk4 Golf ? Known problem. I think the rear washer leaks, and makes shite of things. Usually comes to light with alarm problems on the factory alarm I think.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I had the same problem with mine a few weeks ago, it's the rear washer leaking causing the light to light. It's easy to fix remove the two screws - one in each handle on the inside of the boot lid and pop off the cover and you'll clearly see where the pipe connects to the wiper motor. It has a plastic sleve which connects the plastic hose to the motor and it's this plastic piece that cracks so stick it back on and put silcone around it where it joins the motor and the problem is solved

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, its a mark IV, there was water in there this morning now that I think of it
, would I be better replacing it or will the silicone work? I'll have a look this evening and let you know, thanks for help, Evan.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I suppose replacing it but the silcone hasn't failed for me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went at it with the silicon yesterday anyway so we'll see what happens, dunno if I've sealed it though, just squirted a load of it in....very professional job

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
QUOTE (evanl @ Feb 6 2006, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just squirted a load of it in....very professional job

I presume that you are talking about the wiper motor there Evan!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts