Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam just looking for help on picking bodykit and alloys for my mk4 any advice is wecome , iam just looking to improve the look of my car it silver and a 5door . the roads arent best where iam from so cant really go for anything to low cos only asking for trouble so if anyone is around parts with roads like in west cork and uve a golf and done it up any help from u would sort me out .

·
Registered
969 Posts
What sort of a budget are you talking about?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya thats the kit iam kinda going for suppose it fit easy enough.
would 18s not be a rough ride on bad roads.
My price range not sure yet but rather have something i like that havin something get unhappy with after few months

·
Kevin
2,344 Posts
these BBS Ch's would be the job!!, then just lower your car (not too much) and add a subtle front spoiler.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='kvw' date='Dec 22 2005, 10:06 PM' post='1454']
whats size are they , bbs r costly thou i kinda had my eye on momo wrsmite go for the 17 18s bit to big for west of ireland like mines same colour as that now only 5door

·
Kevin
2,344 Posts
BBS = quality and it don't come cheap.

the mk4 tend to have a high enough ride heigth, lowering can give a better look and improve the handling, and you can put it back to standard if it don't work out for you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[ok my gt tdi or as there called in the south highline tdi so it has sports or can i just lower that or will i have but new sus , ill try get picture of her on so can c the car

·
Kevin
2,344 Posts
do, post up a pic.

why don't you go for the wheels you want first, then see how they look on the car before doing any more.

have a look through the parts for sale section, wheels to fit your mk4 will come up from time to time, you will also be able to sell the 16's there.

5x100 is the fitment your looking for, same as Audi TT, Audi A3, Octavia and a few more I can't think of now..

This Audi RS4 style wheel has been popular on mk4 too .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote name='kvw' date='Dec 22 2005, 11:20 PM' post='1465']
ya ill do that .so momo wrs it is now to just find the rite price there some huge price differences from one shop to the next, ive set 15s from my last car a ford there nice enough one it bit marked but there nice 5spoke must try sellin them.
o ya the parent came back there got nice spoiler and them thing that go adove the front lights like eye brows that good xmass present.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
been on there few times got this price list off gang in waterford

Momo WRS 15" with Uniroyal Rally Sport tires (195/50/15):€1000
Momo WRS 16 " with Uniroyal Rally Sport tires (195/45/16) €1120
Momo WRS 17" with Yokohama Sport tires (205/40/17) €1270
Momo WRS 18" with Yokohama Sport tires (225/40/18) €1700

·
Kevin
2,344 Posts
the 17's sound good.

autosystems in waterford are doing these Schmidt Racelite 17" Rims New for €450 (without tyres obviously)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[i mite go with the 17s i was them on few golfs in the city and they just set off the car cant beat them like.plus there good tyres there offering with them cos there not cheap ones to buy

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
What about an anniversary kit with 18" BBS RC's it looks the bizz to me? I have it planned next! I don't know wheter GTi's are lower as standard than TDi's maybe someone can confirm? I have 18" at the moment and the car doesn't look like it on stillts!

US version but still looks sweet!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[looks nice i think the gti are the same as the gt tdi. the bbs alloys r serious money like , nice kit but rs32 kit looks savage on a silver golf there lad has picture of his on the site somewhere and it just looks the part.

·
Registered
969 Posts
QUOTE (willgti @ Dec 23 2005, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What about an anniversary kit with 18" BBS RC's it looks the bizz to me? I have it planned next! I don't know wheter GTi's are lower as standard than TDi's maybe someone can confirm? I have 18" at the moment and the car doesn't look like it on stillts!

US version but still looks sweet!

That kit and wheel combination would be sweet.

Those wrs rims look nice too, did you try Callaghan Racing in Letterkenny for a price, I think they do momo alloys.
They do a lot of business and sell at trade prices, I bought a set of rims with tyres off them last year and saved about 200euro.
Add about 30euro to the price for delivery.
Try them if you like, ask for Paul - (074) 9368122.
You could also ask about that R32 kit, they might be able to get it but it won't be genuine, might be ok all the same.
I know they supply other kits anyway but wouldn't be sure about the R32 or Anniversary ones.

Would you consider any Reiger or Zender stuff, they are good quality kits and aren't OTT.
Autosystems do the Zender ones, and might do Reiger aswell - (051) 872914 or (085) 7251403.

Another crowd you could try for the R32 or Anniversary kit would be OEM Parts in england - www.oemparts.co.uk, they advertise a lot in PVW magazine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ya well iam pricing around well before buyin there some huge differences from 1county to the next. well reiger make the rs32 kit so more than likely go for that cos there well made and fit straight onto the same points as the orginial bumber it replaces so save alot of messing about.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts