Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner

Bluetooth/aux In

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  natnif 
#1 ·
There is an existing bluetooth kit wired in my car, but it's not operational at the moment. As far as I can tell, the wiring is in the correct place but the control module is disconnected, so to get it working I would have to take off the glove box and trace the wires.

I also want to fit an aux in to the stereo (a standard Audi concert II). There are various adaptors out there which give differing amounts of control over the device you plug in but I'm not particularly bothered about that. I've only briefly look at it, but they are around €50 up to a few hundred, depending which one you pick.

I'm wondering about getting an aftermarket head unit that will have an aux in and bluetooth, but I don't want to send the money until I'm sure it will work properly. Bluetooth is the main thing so I don't want something with crappy call quality.

Would something like this do the trick?

I've never bothered with any of this stuff before so basically, am I better off getting a dedicated bluetooth kit or will a decent headunit do the job?

If it could have android connectivity as well that would be great, but I'm searching and I'm mainly coming up with iphone stuff...

See less See more
#2 ·
How's things?

I'm selling a JVC double din head unit, doesn't have BT but has USB and AUX in. However not sure how well it would suit your car.

I recently bought an aux iPod input for my standard RCD300 in my golf and it works a treat. €35 + p&p on eBay

#3 ·
QUOTE (cian d @ Oct 30 2012, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How's things?

I'm selling a JVC double din head unit, doesn't have BT but has USB and AUX in. However not sure how well it would suit your car.

I recently bought an aux iPod input for my standard RCD300 in my golf and it works a treat. €35 + p&p on eBay
Thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass. I sorted the existing bluetooth kit so I think I'll just get a separate aux in at some stage when I get a bit of time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.