Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
heres the problem.....

i currently have a 1.4 mk3 golf...... vr6 powered.
i have the remainder of the vr6 at hand, is there any way i can fit the callipers and carriers to my car, and buy 4 stud discs to fit, as the vr6 discs are 5 stud.

can i fit 1.8 turbo cupra ibiza discs to these callipers (as these are 4 stud)??
or can i buy 4 stud discs to suit?

Cheers

Chris

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
QUOTE (chris_gti @ Mar 21 2006, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>cheers glenn.

the car is 1995, the change over year! so i dont really know what size they are!

Most likely 288's so. You'd need to do a bit more messing to fit them and probably a 5 stud conversion.

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty&#33;
2,931 Posts
QUOTE (chris_gti @ Mar 21 2006, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>crap, has to be 4 stud to fit my optima's!
just go for the g60 set up

Well measure them to be sure or do you know if the brake line to the caliper is threaded or banjo bolt on the Vr?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no idea, aint looked closely, its a coil pack vr tho, not the dizzy one, so i presumed it would have 288mm

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
My money would be on them being 280s to be honest. As Glenn says look at the caliper, if the brake hose scews in they are 280s, if it is held on with a banjo bolt then they are 288s

All except the very early VRs were coilpack Glenn, the (93) Vento is coilpack (though how would you know that having never done anything with the engine
)

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty&#33;
2,931 Posts
QUOTE (Geo @ Mar 21 2006, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>(though how would you know that having never done anything with the engine
)

Excuse me, i lifted it out of the boot and put it back in, i also drilled the airbox
I was going by the age tbh.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rite boys, so what your sayin is that if they are280mm discs, i will use mk2 16v hubs, with the vr6 calipers and carriers, and buy a pair of g60 discs?

that rite?

chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts