Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (john golf gt tdi130 @ Mar 13 2006, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>any one got pictures of 18's bbs wheels off an anniversary golf .
to get idea what they look like.

Sure Glenn has a set for sale in the classifieds, they would look sweet on a Mk4 Golf

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Passat130 @ Mar 15 2006, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just be carefull if you get a genuine set of Anni ones as opposed to off the shelf BBS ones...the anni ones are prone to laquer problems and corrosion
]

and what which type are the ones in the photo above.

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
QUOTE (john golf gt tdi130 @ Mar 15 2006, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>and what which type are the ones in the photo above.
i need to check it out but the difference in the BBS direct and the ones they did for VW was down to the finish IIRC....somenthing about a satin or diamond finish...i'll look it up

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

These are the ones Glenn is selling, they are the ones which are not prone to the laquer coming off them

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (PD150 @ Mar 16 2006, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These are the ones Glenn is selling, they are the ones which are not prone to the laquer coming off them

there a nice wheel alrite. id say they would set u back a fair bit if got them new.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had mine changed under uk warranty.Travelled from cork to Newry to get them but it was worth it.White spotting had appeared from water getting under the lacker on all four wheels.Some say it is caused by stone chips more say its from abracive brake dust.Had them changed only last July and I have found one spot reappearing on one wheel already.Im thinkin it must be from stone chips cause i have made a fair effort to keep the build up of brake dust to a minimum.When getting them changed I was told they cost 280 sterling +VAT per rim.Couldnt get the dealer to sell me the old ones as they were being returned to the manufacturer so I hope the problem wont get as bad on this set as I cant see myself producing this kind of cash for another set.

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
The only people i heard of saving the originals had to completley strip the whole lot and re-coat and lacque them form scratch with canges the finish on them.
Some uk guys are on their 4th set at this stage !!!!! No one seems to be able to stop it from happenign with all sorts of care.

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
VW UK are now giving our refurbed anni RCs which come painted like the official BBS ones. I would stick with a set of BBS RC301s like Glenn has for sale. Tough wheel and worth the money all day long. These wheels dont really drop in value once minded unlike replica shites.

·
Registered
263 Posts
QUOTE (john golf gt tdi130 @ Mar 16 2006, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>there a nice wheel alrite. id say they would set u back a fair bit if got them new.

I got mine from halfords for 1400 Euro with tyres. They were doing 20% off at the time though! Have a chat with one of the boys in there they might sort you out with a staff discount, For the price of a couple of pints!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts