Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not going dead anymore, well as of last saturday night, went to start it today and it seemed back to normal!

What i did was simply unplugged the boot light, (dont think that was the problem but...)
Someone on vage advised me to do it (thanks whoever u were, cant remeber and cant find out!)

Now onwards and upwards to doing the mk4 brakes and cleaning the throttle body,
ill do a full thread with pics and howto on them subjects over xmas!

(anyone else find if you look at 'vages' user list you can go straight to all threads from there kinda?)

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
QUOTE (Oisin @ Dec 20 2005, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its not going dead anymore, well as of last saturday night, went to start it today and it seemed back to normal!

What i did was simply unplugged the boot light, (dont think that was the problem but...)
Someone on vage advised me to do it (thanks whoever u were, cant remeber and cant find out!)

Now onwards and upwards to doing the mk4 brakes and cleaning the throttle body,
ill do a full thread with pics and howto on them subjects over xmas!

(anyone else find if you look at 'vages' user list you can go straight to all threads from there kinda?)

you mean it was that simple?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Did you do as I said, and get into the boot and shut it. It would have been terrible to have found the fault and not to be able to get out to fix it.

Good man for fixing it all the same.

John

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thats what it seems to be, ive also stopped using the handbrake when parking up the car... i know shouldnt make any difference, but..
either that or... after brigning it back from **** in autowerks, i didnt leave it charge enough and the battery didnt get enough of a run.

anyone know where i can get new rear pads in cork before xmas? for a mk2 8v?>

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
if you are really stuck i have a new set in a box, got em for my mk1 but ive bigger fish to fry over the christmas hollidays.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its ok thanks lads, agri auto in killanrey, (prob the best place to find anything!!) actually has both tyoes in stock. And to let people know, had this agruement in vage last year, there is definitely a difference between 16v and 8v rear pads!
8v spring on top goes up (v)
16v spring on top goes down (^)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts