·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
Gti anni I bet ya.

·
Bus Wanker
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (donal7 @ Aug 16 2010, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Barry, what you get?

More pics

25th Anniversary GTI Donal. It's a proper one though, 1.8T

Give me a text during the week and I'll take you out for a spin. It's lots of fun

QUOTE (ColinMk4 @ Aug 16 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gti anni I bet ya.

No fair, you had a heads up!

Honestly though, all piss taking aside, it's lashing out so I wont be getting any pictures up until tomorrow. It's a Reflex Silver 25th Anniversary, 70000 Miles, full Milltek system and coilovers, and so far I'm loving every minute of it. To go from a 1.6 to a 1.8T is some serious amount of fun.

Plans at the moment are to get it absolutely mint. The front passenger side wing has a stone chip in it, and it has started to rust, so that will be completely resprayed. I need to find a replacement RC center cap and refurbish the wheels, as they're the original finish and have started to peel. It's making a "qwaTISH"
sound at the moment which Keith is kindly sorting out for me tomorrow, by means of a Forge DV, and all four tires are being replaced tomorrow too.

As I said, the only plans are to get it mint, apart from that, it's staying completely OEM, the way it should be. I'll hopefully get some good pictures up over the next couple of days

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
Nice one Barry, all the best with it, Did you bring it over from England?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Congrats barry, sounds mint! Welcome to the 1.8T club

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
If it's the one I'm thinking of That I saw for sale a while back and one of the lads was looking at buying......................................You're a lucky bastard

·
Bus Wanker
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (ColinMk4 @ Aug 17 2010, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice one Barry, all the best with it, Did you bring it over from England?

Cheers Colin. It came down from the North. The joys of VRT'ing it later today

QUOTE (ChrisL @ Aug 17 2010, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Congrats barry, sounds mint! Welcome to the 1.8T club

Thanks Chris, I've been a long time trying to make it to the 1.8T club

QUOTE (Razor @ Aug 17 2010, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>another fucking Anni
lol. cant wait to see her tomorrow all the same dude.

Quiet you
I'll give you a text later dude and see where you are

QUOTE (mossey0708 @ Aug 17 2010, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well done sir!

Thanks Mossey!

QUOTE (Rocher @ Aug 17 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If it's the one I'm thinking of That I saw for sale a while back and one of the lads was looking at buying......................................You're a lucky bastard

Perhaps it is, perhaps it not
PM me there dude with the details of the one you were looking at.

QUOTE (vwspinner @ Aug 17 2010, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>best of luck with it barry sound fairly mint

Cheers dude. It needs a few bits doing before it's mint, but it will all come together in time.

1 - 20 of 261 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.