1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Lads how are yas!

need a bit of gudance!

looking at an audi a6 allroad for my bro tryna get him into the VAG SCENE
and was wondering if there is anythn improtant t look out for i mite miss. checked the actuator turbo boost etc all is well no lag or creep. engines fairly healthy bar rocker covers gasket. everythn was fine up until i started it the was a whiney noise comin from the (i think) air suspension pump. its was whining for a few mins then it stopped. i dnt no much about this set up so wondering if u can help before we buy it!

thanks a mill!

Edi

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I was looking at buying one before but there's little none about them locally which is fair enough when you consider few can afford to run an engine that size in Ireland. I found from what I read (on the sedan A6 2.7) was that the gearbox/transmission can be an issue. After 60/70k they need a good looking at.

Otherwise, the usual control arms maybe.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Regarding only the allroad there you can buy aftermarket airbags in the states with a lifetme waranty. Google should find you the supplier.

2.7 TT is used in the B5 S4 so look out for cam wear and worn turbos. If I was buying a V6 I'd be pulling the cam covers to inspect the cams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.