Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2040869

hi.
i sold my black vento a week ago now intending to buy a newer more powerful car but i said id make this man an offer providing he would do a test with her. he said no bother and had the test last Wednesday so he said he will give me a ring when she passed.

but tonight he gave me a ring basically saying he wont be doing a test? ( cause he has no time ) but we agreed on a figure.

im wondering really what should i be expecting buying this car without nct? ( a massive list of problems ??) because he bought her 6 monthes ago with no test either?

im also wondering does any1 know this car?
what sort of condition is it in etc. and how is she treated?
thanks
david

·
Formally the tongue twister KEV GTI TDI 150
2,789 Posts
Have you actually gone to see the car?
The fact he bought it without Nct and is unwilling to put test on it before selling might tell you something. It could be fine but untill someone looks at that it whoknows what there looking at, basically how long is a piece of string.

·
Registered
201 Posts
QUOTE (mac dubbin @ Apr 11 2011, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>get him to bring it to the nct centre for a test if it fails it fails atleast you will know whats needed and if you still want the car .

he told me last monday he had the test wednesday. now he said he didnt have time to put it through hes lost intreast and is looking to sell it on quick because he has a new car picked out...

kevc the cars in longford aswell and im in cork so it would be a risk. he says everything is perfect do and when the other lad who this man bought it off 4 monthes sold it i asked him was it ok qand he said it was a fine car just he didnt have time to put her threw the test either. he still had time to do her up do

·
Formally the tongue twister KEV GTI TDI 150
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (tdidavid @ Apr 11 2011, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>he told me last monday he had the test wednesday. now he said he didnt have time to put it through hes lost intreast and is looking to sell it on quick because he has a new car picked out...

kevc the cars in longford aswell and im in cork so it would be a risk. he says everything is perfect do and when the other lad who this man bought it off 4 monthes sold it i asked him was it ok qand he said it was a fine car just he didnt have time to put her threw the test either. he still had time to do her up do
Apart from a my own mechanics independent opinion, I don't trust anyone when buying cars and most definately not the seller!!!

·
&#12479;&#12452;&#12503;&#19968;&#20061;&#38651;&#
242 Posts
QUOTE (eoghanroe @ Apr 11 2011, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pretty sure this for sale a few months ago for a good bit less than the current asking price.

i think i remember seein it for sale too, i used to see it around portlaiose and im not sure but i think the lad who owned it worked at frans crash repair, so that explains the respray. id say it would be a good body and if theres anything mechanically wrong parts are cheap anyway.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The last person to trust when buying a car is the seller! I'd tell him if he doesnt put her through the test your walking away! At least if he puts it through and it fails you will know what needs to be spent on it to get it roadworthy.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
funny..... if you read the bottom section of his advert it reads....

"noting stupid txt perferd any time "

so, in this case, is the seller actually requesting moronic texts are actually sent to him, at any time in the day? Or, is he in dire need of a thesarus thesaurus to check his spelling ability?

Curious....

·
its pronounced Conor D........... Ray&#33;&#33;&#
5,614 Posts
QUOTE (GTiDub @ Apr 11 2011, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>funny..... if you read the bottom section of his advert it reads....

so, in this case, is the seller actually requesting moronic texts are actually sent to him, at any time in the day? Or, is he in dire need of a thesarus to check his spelling ability?

Curious....

Generally one would use a dictionary to check spelling. However not knowing this might explain why you spelled thesaurus wrong........

Just sayin like

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
As paul has said

both the ventos pictured in the ad are in dromod and have seen them both a couple of times, from a distance it looks pretty good but have no idea of what its like up close

if im honest though i thought the one on steels looked nicer overall

·
The Minister for Hardship&#33;&#33;
4,250 Posts
QUOTE (GTiDub @ Apr 11 2011, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>funny..... if you read the bottom section of his advert it reads....

so, in this case, is the seller actually requesting moronic texts are actually sent to him, at any time in the day? Or, is he in dire need of a thesarus to check his spelling ability?

Curious....

To be honest I prefer when someone text's me about anything I'd be selling. Some people work in loud places and wouldn't be able to hear the phone. When you get a text you can reply anytime, and I find it easier to remember to reply to a text rather than a call.

Everyone is different.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
QUOTE (conord @ Apr 11 2011, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Generally one would use a dictionary to check spelling. However not knowing this might explain why you spelled thesaurus wrong........

Just sayin like

oh i so got pwned there didn't i! lol!!

so much for typing whilst half asleep...

·
Registered
665 Posts
I thought this would be pretty simple, offer him a couple of hundred euros cheaper than ye agreed with a test.
test the car yourself, its a vento what could be wrong with it, a drop link, a bottom balljoint, tracking out.. nothing that will break the bank, worst case the rear axel bushings are fucked..

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Seen it around alright a few times and it looks lovely. Same as above. Knock down a few hundred incase theres a few jobs to do. Ps. Remembering to do all normal checks that nothing big is wrong.

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty&#33;
2,931 Posts
QUOTE (DubTechAndy @ Apr 11 2011, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>worst case the rear axel bushings are fucked..

There are a lot worse scenarios applicable to Ventos, and Mk3's in general when it comes to rust in the sills and floors. I'd be giving it a good poke with a screwdriver before paying a cent.

·
Registered
665 Posts
QUOTE (Glenn @ Apr 11 2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There are a lot worse scenarios applicable to Ventos, and Mk3's in general when it comes to rust in the sills and floors. I'd be giving it a good poke with a screwdriver before paying a cent.

well thats ovbious about the rust, your not gonna buy a mk3 and not check it for rust yourself. i was saying about the nct.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
got talking to one of my friends in longford and he said that Fitzy owns it and he looks after it very well.
he said its a really clean bus.

also brian feeny knows him so get onto him.

hope this helps

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.