Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just window shopping at the moment, this might come to nothing but if you wanted to buy a particular classic car (i.e. not a Civic, Starbo, Skyline etc) from Japan what websites should you be looking at? I presume there are agents that handle the deal for you for a price, do they really ride the cost of the car or are they relatively economical. I presume the language barrier would preclude you importing a car personally as opposed to through an agent?

I'm completely new to this so any advice appreciated

·
The Minister for Hardship!!
4,250 Posts
Ive a friend who used to import cars. Ill get some info from him. It would have to be something pretty special to be worthwhile though. The price of shipping cars home has gone through the roof.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
i heard that if you get them to put it down as a gift, you dont have to pay as much, and you can get off import duty ...
now i could be very wrong im not sure!!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
QUOTE (trevorbrady @ Apr 19 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm aware of the vat, duty etc, I bought a vehicle from California a few years back.

any indication of the cost of shipping from Japan?
same as yourself, wont come to fruition for a few years but could you PM me prices and what involved in getting a car from cali please.

cheers
mel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.