Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to get the text from my Ad for the blue mk1. Think I had the Ad titled "83Mk1". If somebody could copy and paste it to a reply to this post it would be great!

cheers

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Here you go:

QUOTE After owning it for 7 years its time for it to go to pay for the cabrio. I was in the middle of preparing it for a 2ltr 16v when a fairly rare cabrio came available so had to make the difficult choice. I had stripped out the engine and petrol tank (was carb) and had the GTI mounting bracket welded in by then so apart from wiring its a straight drop in. A TSR power steering rack has also been fitted.
Never crashed and no sign of rust. Just love that plate.........

Has:
Power steering rack fitted
Brand new Crystal lamps and clear ind lenses
Brand new Single wiper
Brand new 5 bar badgless grille
Custom made mk2 big bumper kit with VR6 Chin (bumpers are from a Mk2, not fibreglass!)
Re-sprayed last year
Fibreglass DTM mirrors
De-locked & debadged boot and side trim removed and holes smoothed
16" Alloys in Pristine cond
New door cards
New carpet and underlay

Bad points:
Needs new headliner
Needs new pass side wing
Some F*cker ran a key along the pass side 2 days after spraying
Needs 2 tyres

Offers by PM please

·
Registered
969 Posts
Where did you get the new carpet and underlay, was it expensive?
Hope it sells for you, tidy looking car, it took me a second to spot the mk2 bumpers!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for that George!

Also thanks to Dave Red for PM'ing

JMS - I got the carpet from a friend who had not used it so not sure where it had been sourced. I'm nearly sure there's an Ad regularly in the Golf+ or PVW mag for an english company that supply or try ebay?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (JMS @ Jan 6 2006, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where did you get the new carpet and underlay, was it expensive?
Hope it sells for you, tidy looking car, it took me a second to spot the mk2 bumpers!

Carpets are expensive especially when they are done right

MJ Interiors are good I believe, Well thats who did my Mk1

·
Registered
969 Posts
QUOTE (Honky @ Jan 6 2006, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks very much for that George!

Also thanks to Dave Red for PM'ing

JMS - I got the carpet from a friend who had not used it so not sure where it had been sourced. I'm nearly sure there's an Ad regularly in the Golf+ or PVW mag for an english company that supply or try ebay?
Are you thinking of Newton Commercial? I've seen them advertised in PVW Golf+ alright.

@PD 150, where is MJ Interiors based?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
MJ interiors are in North Yorkshire, see the website www.mjinteriors.co.uk

·
Registered
969 Posts
Thanks for that PD.

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (Honky @ Jan 6 2006, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Need to get the text from my Ad ....

cheers

I too would like a copy of the ad I had up while hoping to sell various Mk4 bits.

The topic would have been "Mk4 Collection for Sale". Posted by RiccsonTDI.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Thanks,
Henry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts