Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know any one with an old Merc 123 or 124 series saloon or estate lying in their yard that they want rid of?

Myself and Bohall are doing the www.scallyrally.co.uk in september and are looking for a car, only catch is we have to buy it for €150 or less!

We as team 76 want an old merc or at least something german, a motorway couch to take on the trip! BMw's are not really our bag but may have to do, Old Audi or Passat may also be in the running but we think a Merc would be cool pimped and comfortable! An estate would be good perhaps as were driving from Wicklow to Madrid and back!

So Merc 123/124, 300, 500's saloon or estate, passat estate, or audi 100, does anyone know of anything someone wants rid of, car must be fixable if a non runner and the good for 4000miles!

XJ6 might have a slim chance and a roller would be cool!!!!

The Rally is in aid of Barnardos, but we're gonna try raise a few quid for an Irish chartiy,(undecided yet, kids hospital.cancer research, any ideas?) so we hope someone will go easy on us on the price of the car to get us going!

D1

·
old school member
653 Posts
dont no anybody with a motor like that but......the bubblegumclub.ie are a magifisent charity to think about
they send sick kids away on there dream and havent let any request down to date

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sound cool, the bikers do some stuff for them! We havnt discussed anything yet, only its probably the only time lads like us might actually get to do sumfin for someone else, alot of the other teams are doing it for other causes! I was going to advertise it in Slick mag and go to all the Car shows / Drift events etc to collect money, its only an idea at the moment!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Why don't you put an ad in the buy & sell and say that's its for charity and you will be inundated

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
getting my yoke for the scally towards the end of the week from EoinO. must drop him a ball of cash and wander home in comfort

it's 126 series merc, 260se. 1989 with aircon. i'm lovin it.

roll on september.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gawd Dang! you gotta merc, and thats wot we've been after all along, where gonna have to do better now, 500sl or sumfin!!!

260se, thats a saloon isnt it?

You any ideas on your paintjob yet?

How you travelin, im trying to arange a group booking for the irish! All the Craic teams are from up norf and have done the smart thing and got a car transporter to carry their cars while they fly down, only costin them £150 per car or sumfin!

See theres a team of 5 Irish chicks on the reserve list!!!!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Barry, i have the one for you, a little too pricey, but i am sure you lads could muster up the cash!
Its the old schoole audi tank!

clicky!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts

mmmmm. Its the business! Pity about the price though. I wonder if we said that it was for charity would he give it to us for a hundred quid!

Looks mint too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All too dear, need em krustier! There used to be loads knockin around, where have they all gone! Bohall, **** the digger got offered a Hiace for free the other day!!!!!! I laughed but it got me thinking about a an ole transporter with a sofa bed thrown in the back!

Still think a merc it the way to go!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
QUOTE (Dirty1 @ Apr 7 2006, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gawd Dang! you gotta merc, and thats wot we've been after all along, where
gonna have to do better now, 500sl or sumfin!!!
260se, thats a saloon isnt it?
You any ideas on your paintjob yet?
How you travelin, im trying to arange a group booking for the irish! All the
Craic teams are from up norf and have done the smart thing and got a car
transporter to carry their cars while they fly down, only costin them £150
per car or sumfin!
See theres a team of 5 Irish chicks on the reserve list!!!!

ya the 260se is a saloon. big yoke too.

no idea of a paint job. i was talking to a guy who owns a insurance brokers
and he reckon if you dress up ur car and crash over along the insurance
company will tell you f**k off cause ur in a rally even though it's only
cruising along. might just get some small stickers and put them on doors.
not too sure yet.

we're thinking that we'll go from rosslare as we have enough of a trip to
Dover from there besides going to Dublin and then to Dover. we're probably
gonna come back to cork from thingy (cannot remember port) in France. No
point in us travelling across England again.

how many of ye are going and in how many cars? i assume ye are going from
dublin?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im sorting a deal on the ferries for anyone who wants it!

There's 3 of us in our imaginary car! Me, Bohall, and **** the Digger!

Rosslare to Fishguard!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts