Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the states at the mo, and I've a crappy auto corolla rental, but I keep seeing dodge ram hemis, dodge challengers, chevy silverado twin cabs and my favourite, the current chevy camero. What a beauty! I'm in love! Herself even suggested selling up our cars and getting some v8 lovely. I think she was joking, but I might hold her to it! What a car though, and so cheap here, $35000. try and get a brand new car in Ireland with 450hp for €25000!

What does everyone else think of American cars? Cos I'm converted!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
QUOTE (tango @ Apr 22 2011, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>In the states at the mo, and I've a crappy auto corolla rental, but I keep seeing dodge ram hemis, dodge challengers, chevy silverado twin cabs and my favourite, the current chevy camero. What a beauty! I'm in love! Herself even suggested selling up our cars and getting some v8 lovely. I think she was joking, but I might hold her to it! What a car though, and so cheap here, $35000. try and get a brand new car in Ireland with 450hp for €25000!

What does everyone else think of American cars? Cos I'm converted!

A friend of mine is selling these to the american soldiers in Iraq for collection when they finish the tour of duty. They get a mega discount off that price too. I'm a fan of the current mustang too.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i love the new camaro, from the leaked pics of it from the transformers movie to seeing a few in canada. lovely machines.

i even own one. its the second generation camaro 1976, apparently the Camaro mk2 is like the golf mk2 in Ireland you find loads of them scattered in every hedge and back yard or garage, even on LOST they were doing up a Camaro in the story line and the mileage on the clock was the cursed numbers.

my Camaro build thread
http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=30302

·
John - Friends with girls who live on Draycott rd&
3,429 Posts
What is his first name? It is a small world, and I have a friend out there too...

QUOTE (wot @ Apr 22 2011, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A friend of mine is selling these to the american soldiers in Iraq for collection when they finish the tour of duty. They get a mega discount off that price too. I'm a fan of the current mustang too.

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
My nephew bought a new Camaro last year. He's only 19 or 20. Will post some pics but it looks the business.

Some very tasty old classics in US. The really take them to incredible levels during restoration. Big fan of the old pick up trucks. Try and get to a few shows.

·
Registered
14,417 Posts

6.2L V8 Engine with Sequential Fuel Injection
400 HP and 420 LBS of Torque
Four-Piston Brembro Vented Disc Brakes

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Gotta love some muscle!!

I love the hemi's and most mopar

'69 charger r/t

·
Registered
235 Posts
Eleanor is one of the sexiest amc's, but thats like saying a mkII gti is the nicest vw. They are stunning but there are other vw's out there that are just as nice and some models are nicer imo. Eleanor will just always be "the american muscle car".

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
@thescone: thats true but i just saw it wen i was young and you know you just cant get raid of that

there are plenty others that i love aswell
67 pontiac gto, 5door
gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I saw some of the cars from f& f 5 the other day, a 350z with 2 steering wheels, I'm guessing for camera shots of driving, a gt3 rs and a matt black charger r/t, that was pretty battered and abused looking. They were at universal studios. I was hoping the charger would be mint looking, I guess they can airbrush them for the film!

And @ mike, that camaro is beautiful, I'd a cinquecento when I was 19!

·
Registered
174 Posts
QUOTE (wot @ Apr 22 2011, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A friend of mine is selling these to the american soldiers in Iraq for collection when they finish the tour of duty. They get a mega discount off that price too. I'm a fan of the current mustang too.whats his name?i know someone that does that too

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I miss the roar of a V8 - my first Hemi was a 331CI 1953 Chrysler New Yorker - I could easily cruise the motorway at 110mph and still get 20mpg, of course petrol only cost me about .30 cents a gallon back then.

My brother in law has the 2010 Dodge Challenger with a Hemi - he can smoke a set of tires like crazy! Best time to see old and new Detroit V8 iron is the Woodward Cruise in August each year - about 30 thousand cars come in from around the world - greatest show on earth! I'm getting homesick now............smiles

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
QUOTE (americanpaddy @ Apr 24 2011, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I miss the roar of a V8 - my first Hemi was a 331CI 1953 Chrysler New Yorker - I could easily cruise the motorway at 110mph and still get 20mpg, of course petrol only cost me about .30 cents a gallon back then.

My brother in law has the 2010 Dodge Challenger with a Hemi - he can smoke a set of tires like crazy! Best time to see old and new Detroit V8 iron is the Woodward Cruise in August each year - about 30 thousand cars come in from around the world - greatest show on earth! I'm getting homesick now............smiles

Yes, Woodward is one show on my list. Need a bit of planning but a must a some stage.

Hard to surpass the sound of an american V8 on full song.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.