Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts

Although on a slightly related note when I was 17 I hit a kerb coming out of a village while eating a cone after the icecream bit fell off and onto my lap.

·
VAGittarian
419 Posts
Were you doing a 99 in a 80kph?

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
QUOTE (skodaphile @ Apr 26 2011, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Were you doing a 99 in a 80kph?

Ba dum tish

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
QUOTE (Carden @ Apr 26 2011, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although on a slightly related note when I was 17 I hit a kerb coming out of a village while eating a cone after the icecream bit fell off and onto my lap.

Or at least that was the excuse for the messy pants?

·
its pronounced Conor D........... Ray&#33;&#33;&#
5,614 Posts
so you genuinely weren't breaking any laws. you were stopped because you were seen eating a cone and for no other reason???

·
Registered
945 Posts
QUOTE (GTiDub @ Apr 26 2011, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But isn't eating / drinking at the wheel against the law anyhow?
I'm not sure how strict is it but if it's a major distraction/hands off job then you can get warned/fined, like munching on a burger or picking up a sandwhich. Such a huge fine for eating an ice cream is a bit crazy all the same

·
VAGittarian
419 Posts
ARGGGHHHH. The stupid poxy useless bastards!! (Yes I know, not all of them : rolleyes: ) I dunno how many coppers I've seen on their mobiles whilst driving-they do it all the bloody time.

What next? Smoking? I don't smoke anyway, but...

Truly another magnificently heroic deed by our gallant boys in blue.

They must have been having a bad day, or did you offer him/her a lick?

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
To be honest, i hope they enforce all the small things that they have been letting slip for the last forever!

It will get rid of alot of shit drivers off the road.

I see alot of funny stuff on my way to work most mornings, lads eating toast and drinking mugs of tea/coffee and smoking, women doing their makeup getting dressed, plucking their eye brows.

The best i've seen was only this morning on the N3, there was a lad typing on his laptop on the steering wheel of his saab.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Are Gardai allowed to use theyre phones for work in the car?

Were you swerving around before he stopped you or was it a check point, or did he pass you, turn around and come after you?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.