Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi all, ive recently bought a mkiv and have set aboyt sprucing her up a bit, its a 150bhp 1.8t, silver with black leather recaros

Anyway she is currently as pictured, i recently acquired the CH's from thos and lowered suspension (to be fitted saturday)

I am also getting the stock exhaust modded with two stainless steel tips to point outwards (dont want a loud after market exhaust)

Other plans include brake upgrade and finally remap to circa 200bhp

My main point on concern is what to do with the exterior, car is fitted with ms design front and rear valance and skirts. And i had colour coded fogs which ive replaced with std black grill. the front valance has grown on me since i changed the fogs, and i like the skirts, but the valance does not match the rest of the kit and to me looks a bit much? i have a colour coded v6 rear apron (from thos aswell
) which i may fit, but would that look wierd with the kit thats on it, ideally id like the valance that matches the kit but i cant find it.

Anyone any suggestions and any opinions (good or bad) on how the car looks are welcome

·
Registered
263 Posts
Very nice! How much are you lowering it? Coliovers? I reckon the v6 valance would look well as it is colour coded!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (willgti @ Jan 30 2006, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice! How much are you lowering it? Coliovers? I reckon the v6 valance would look well as it is colour coded!

35mm, koni adjustables and eibach springs
would v6 valance look better than one thats on i wonder?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I reckon so I have it on mine but it's not colour coded! Getting the milltek fitted saturday! Where you gettin it lowered? How much they cost you if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
A Milltek cat-back system wouldnt be too loud at all, gives the nice V6-4motion look and will help in the power stakes.

Those 312mm front brakes are still available - get them while you can

Here's a shot of the rear valance, might help you make up your mind, the tailpipes were a little sooty, so cant see them much:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (willgti @ Jan 30 2006, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did you notice increase in power with the cat back thos?

lowered in blackrock performance zone €200

would goto jomo but id never get the time, they would do it for 170 incl tracking

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (willgti @ Jan 30 2006, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm heading to jomo on saturday! Are you goin to the Dundalk meet I'd like to see your car in the flesh

wont be mate sorry, feel free to drop me a line tho and we can meet up sometime
im in dun laoghaire, like to see your car too

·
Registered
270 Posts
The wheels are a huge improvement. Looks a lot better now than when you picked it up first, coming together nicely now.

And don't worry about what others think, it's what you think that matters, after-all it is YOUR car.

Personally I would leave the skirts on...just to save the hassle of taking them off which may be a bit of hassle cos they're probably bonded on and may possibly leave marks on the paint. Bit of elbow grease would prob remove any marks, but it's not as if they're that messy or tacky looking. At least they have jacking points.

That rear valance has gotta go, what's with the bits on the corners!! Votex replacement rear apron is the pick of what is available, bit pricey though. I could live with the front spoiler unless you pick up a replacement fairly cheaply.

You can mix n' match parts of kits though to get the best look, that's not a problem at all. We put a Caractere front bumper, Oettinger side skirts, Votex rear spoiler & Votex rear apron on my mates Golf. Those were the bits he liked so we put them on and IMO it's hard to beat them.

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty&#33;
2,931 Posts
Not a big fan of that type of kit (prefer the Votex look too) but with the wheels on it doesn't look too bad at all. Huge improvement.

·
Kevin
2,344 Posts
that car looks fantastic with those wheels.

simply lowering it will give it a great look.

and I like the way you got as many german and swedish cars as possible into your pics

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (BrendanM @ Jan 31 2006, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And don't worry about what others think, it's what you think that matters, after-all it is YOUR car.

Personally I would leave the skirts on...just to save the hassle of taking them off which may be a bit of hassle cos they're probably bonded on and may possibly leave marks on the paint. Bit of elbow grease would prob remove any marks, but it's not as if they're that messy or tacky looking. At least they have jacking points.

That rear valance has gotta go, what's with the bits on the corners!! Votex replacement rear apron is the pick of what is available, bit pricey though. I could live with the front spoiler unless you pick up a replacement fairly cheaply.

You can mix n' match parts of kits though to get the best look, that's not a problem at all. We put a Caractere front bumper, Oettinger side skirts, Votex rear spoiler & Votex rear apron on my mates Golf. Those were the bits he liked so we put them on and IMO it's hard to beat them.
any pics of votex rear apron?

·
Registered
270 Posts
G

·
its a tasty motor, lower her more, single wiper conversion and some german style plates to make her creme dela creme! nice splitter kit and wheels already!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts