Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mk2 golf16v accelerator pedel is crazy stiff, was told to replace the cable, what do gsf give you is it just the cable or is it the surround also? has anyone fitting one is it a easyu job anything i should be carefull of or have to set up after i have done it??????
thanks

ronan

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
QUOTE (ro1798 @ Feb 23 2006, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>my mk2 golf16v accelerator pedel is crazy stiff, was told to replace the cable, what do gsf give you is it just the cable or is it the surround also? has anyone fitting one is it a easyu job anything i should be carefull of or have to set up after i have done it??????
thanks

ronan

Fitting the cable is a simple job...........20 mins max.......take off the old one, taking note of the route it takes through the bulkhead.........DON'T LOSE THE LITTLE CLIP THAT HOLDS THE CABLE END ONTO THE THROTTLE BODY!.................attach the end to the top of the accelerator pedal assembly first.............make sure the cable doesn't get twisted during fitting.............squirt some WD-40 on the grommet that holds the cable as it passes through the bulkhead (makes it easier/less fiddly to slip into place!)..........adjust the new cable to take up any slack when its fitted...........hey presto! Instant throttle response improvement and stiff pedal eliminated!

·
Registered
249 Posts
if your driving a 16v petrol expenses dont come into the equation.....

thanks for help

ronan

just rang gsf and the guy said it is only the cable they supply? do you have to feed the new cable through the old black protector thing????????

thanks

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The cable is all you need. Out with the old in with the new. Remove the lower half of the dash on the driver’s side and slip the accelerator cable out of the bung holding it to the pedal. Just make sure that the cable seats correctly in the rubber when you’re finished or it might pop out again when you’re driving. Just take note of which way it sits in the bung and put it back the same why.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ronan,
They must have misunderstood you. The cable comes with the black protective cover on it. They are only a few quid too.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice one wanna replace the lot as i have head the cable is self lubracating, so the cover must help in this process..

thanks lads, another job for friday night

ronan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts