Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Low'N'Wide
480 Posts
Theres a s line bumper with the front spoiler on it on german ebay if you want to look for it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (David.1.9TDi @ May 4 2011, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Theres a s line bumper with the front spoiler on it on german ebay if you want to look for it!
thanks David.1.9TDi, I think I would have to change the grill also though and maybe the fog light surround

I will investigate anyway, thanks for replying

·
Low&#39;N&#39;Wide
480 Posts
Fog surrounds come up on ebay all the time, dont work out all that expensive!
Have to check the stealers yet for prices on them. Grill should be ok, as far as I know they are the same fitment!
Again if you do s line grills are all over ebay!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (David.1.9TDi @ May 10 2011, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fog surrounds come up on ebay all the time, dont work out all that expensive!
Have to check the stealers yet for prices on them. Grill should be ok, as far as I know they are the same fitment!
Again if you do s line grills are all over ebay!

Hmmm...I'm not sure about mixing an 'SE' with 'S-Line' parts, might turn some buyers off in the future.
I know the S-Line definitely look much better. Have you done this mod?

·
Low&#39;N&#39;Wide
480 Posts
Im in the middle of sourcing a S-Line bumper (315 euro form the dealers +21% VAT to go on that so Im biting my time with ebay). All I want is to make a subtle change to the front, grille wise i went with a ''Special'' Audi grill!
Still to reveal it in my thread!
But yeah mine is the SE model also, nice subtle changes, nothing OTT. You can always put back the SE stuff when going to sell also!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (David.1.9TDi @ May 17 2011, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Im in the middle of sourcing a S-Line bumper (315 euro form the dealers +21% VAT to go on that so Im biting my time with ebay). All I want is to make a subtle change to the front, grille wise i went with a ''Special'' Audi grill!
Still to reveal it in my thread!
But yeah mine is the SE model also, nice subtle changes, nothing OTT. You can always put back the SE stuff when going to sell also!

Ok you have convinced me it's ok
I got a quote of €244 + vat for that part 4F0 071 612 9AX, that's just shy of €300. If I heard him correctly because another stealer quoted €299+vat?
Its a very simple install as far as I understand, just attach to the underside of existing bumper.
I guess it would be another €100 at least to spray it

This is something I will definitely do at some stage, either s-line or one above, once I have time and cash available.
Please keep me posted on your adventure, thanks

·
Low&#39;N&#39;Wide
480 Posts
Glad to hear it!
Yeah i'll be keeping my thread updated when I get new things! Just paid 6 months tax so it could be a bit before something happens! :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.