Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 A4 and sometimes when i start the car, it cuts out again and the key light on the dash flashes (the immobilizer doesn't recognize the key), can you disable this immobilizer, as i don't want to spend a fortune fixing it

Cheers

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
QUOTE (Bigbossman @ Apr 3 2006, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i have a 97 A4 and sometimes when i start the car, it cuts out again and the key light on the dash flashes (the immobilizer doesn't recognize the key), can you disable this immobilizer, as i don't want to spend a fortune fixing it

Cheers

Use the spare key or get a new one. revo are the only ones who can code out the imobiliser but it would cost you more than fixing what you have.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Trevor @ Apr 3 2006, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Use the spare key or get a new one. revo are the only ones who can code out the imobiliser but it would cost you more than fixing what you have.

I got a new key about a year ago, as i have the same problem with one of the original keys, now all the keys have the same problem, and it's very intermittent

1 - 3 of 3 Posts