Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to run a microphone up the A-pillar on my Mk5 for the car-kit, but dont fancy it much with those airbags in there. What's the story here, will they still pop off ? Or am I gonna bugger up the airbags ?

Tom

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (thos @ Feb 2 2006, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I need to run a microphone up the A-pillar on my Mk5 for the car-kit, but dont fancy it much with those airbags in there. What's the story here, will they still pop off ? Or am I gonna bugger up the airbags ?

Tom

I don't know, but could you not just squeeze it in between the glass and the trim? Personally I'd be reluctant to go pulling at it. I'll ask a car kit installer who has done work for me before. His company do the installations for Brady's.

Henry

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
Tom,

Disconnect the battery and you will be fine. I am sure that the trim is only clipped on with the airbags bolted to the A-pillar.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Trevor @ Feb 3 2006, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tom,

Disconnect the battery and you will be fine. I am sure that the trim is only clipped on with the airbags bolted to the A-pillar.

That's what I was thinking - but dont fancy finding out the hard way !

I've had a poke and a pull at it - so far the Mk5 build quality seems better than the Mk4 !!

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Pull off the door rubber and the wire will slide in between.

The lazy mans way!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts