Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
JM Motors
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
88 cabriolet stripped out and ready for the paint shop. All the time I stripping it waiting to find a big ball of rot or fresh air where there shouldn,t be. Thank god its a good solid shell.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
Best of luck Jim.

I hope you still have my Recaros

·
Registered
651 Posts
QUOTE (jmm @ Oct 17 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>88 cabriolet stripped out and ready for the paint shop. All the time I stripping it waiting to find a big ball of rot or fresh air where there shouldn,t be. Thank god its a good solid shell.
looks like a good project jim

look forward to more photos...

·
Registered
651 Posts
QUOTE (oz dubber @ Oct 22 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>looks like a good project jim

look forward to more photos...
any updates or pics

·
JM Motors
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its only when you start to repair all them little dings that you realise how many there are,but we are progressing nicely, most are repaired and tailgate is flushed and no rot anywhere exept on ps front wing,so little cant justify changing it. no signs of any previous repairs so all in all a straight solid shell, result!!

Attachments

·
JM Motors
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (jmm @ Nov 22 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its only when you start to repair all them little dings that you realise how many there are,but we are progressing nicely, most are repaired and tailgate is flushed and no rot anywhere exept on ps front wing,so little cant justify changing it. no signs of any previous repairs so all in all a straight solid shell, result!!

Attachments

·
JM Motors
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This project has hit a go slow bodyshop is down a man, went to order roof and forgot credit card rang back half hour later and the fucker had it sold no more for two months aarrggghhh!

·
&#39;Black Balled&#39; member
5,500 Posts
nice project - good result on the solid shell- you hear horror stories about these and rot (one recently on retro rides forum had a very advanced rust bug and needed lots of plating to the underside); my bother also has one of these with zero rust, tho progress has stalled on it recently; ...yours looks to be progressing; fair play!

·
JM Motors
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (BLZEEDUB @ Jan 22 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice project - good result on the solid shell- you hear horror stories about these and rot (one recently on retro rides forum had a very advanced rust bug and needed lots of plating to the underside); my bother also has one of these with zero rust, tho progress has stalled on it recently; ...yours looks to be progressing; fair play!
Thanks it only took 4 years to get it to the bodyshop!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
thread revival millser

did you get any new photos of this car yet...

just giving you a nudge in the right direction

·
JM Motors
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I havent seen it myself but i believe my cabriolet is in primer, probaly take another year to get it painted !!!! I will get some pics up soon.

·
Registered
651 Posts
QUOTE (jmm @ Nov 2 2010, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I havent seen it myself but i believe my cabriolet is in primer, probaly take another year to get it painted !!!! I will get some pics up soon.

good man john,

thats it now, put the foot down, and pull the thumb out...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.