Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
This is a long shot I know but worth a try before buying overseas.

Was already in contact with Pat (newtown Mk1) on here and its just not feasible for him to buy parts and then manufacture etc.

Basically I have a set of Bbs rs 010 in 5x112 fitment.
7j x15 inch.
Centrebore is 66.5
ET is 38

can 5x112 to 5x100 and then 5x100 to 4x100 adaptors be done.

If anybody is willing to sell or even point me in right direction.

cheers

·
'Black Balled' member
5,500 Posts
pm JON on here; he got a set of 4/100 to 5/112 adaptors done for his mk1 caddy -they look well made and have 'an insert' for the 5th stud which 'falls on' one of the 4/100 bolts.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
You could convert the car to 5x100 without going to widetrack mk3 gear with these bits
http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?sho...c=53882&hl=
Would also be a nice improvement to the brakes, the above may be sold but it's just an example of what you'd need if you decided to go down that road.

Once you've done that you could run conventional adapters to run your 5x112 wheels.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Brian47 @ Apr 24 2011, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You could convert the car to 5x100 without going to widetrack mk3 gear with these bits
http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?sho...c=53882&hl=
Would also be a nice improvement to the brakes, the above may be sold but it's just an example of what you'd need if you decided to go down that road.

Once you've done that you could run conventional adapters to run your 5x112 wheels.

I see. .

Thats probably well sold above but would be a great addition. Open up the options for several other wheels too.

@ BLZEEDUB

Yeah spotted that before and thats the route i was planning on going but Brian above is after throwing spanner in the works.

As usual though it will prob come down to the wallet in the wind up.

Cheers lads

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
yeah i got a set made from a guy in the uk. there's pics of them on my caddy thread (see signature). they're expensive enough to do at 320euro shipped but i got my wheels for 100euro so it balances it out

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (JON @ Apr 24 2011, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yeah i got a set made from a guy in the uk. there's pics of them on my caddy thread (see signature). they're expensive enough to do at 320euro shipped but i got my wheels for 100euro so it balances it out

They are pricey alright. Did it make much of a difference pricewise the fact that yours were 35mm thick?

I havent figured out the thickness i need/want just yet but the wheels are et38 so maybe 25-30mm.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
no i don't think the thickness makes a difference to the price. i put the wheel onto the hub and then measured the distance to the arch to see how thick the adapters needed to be. i wanted my wheels to sit out flush with the arch.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (JON @ Apr 25 2011, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>no i don't think the thickness makes a difference to the price. i put the wheel onto the hub and then measured the distance to the arch to see how thick the adapters needed to be. i wanted my wheels to sit out flush with the arch.

Ah yeah thats no problem at all Jon.

Im lucky enough to have G60 arches but the reason im delaying the exact thickness is because I think i want bigger dishes on wheels

Basically what im saying is that i have my head up my arse as to what to do next.

Thanks for help lads

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.