Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was speaking to one of the lads in Brady's and he was telling me himself and the boss have sold 2 RS4's already, two young guys, one was €115k and the other was €130k.

I reckon there might be a few around on the roads in the next few months

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I seen a transporter during the week at Newlands Cross wih a load of vage cars on, and one was a black RS4. Couldn't get the phone camera out it time. Anyway the people in the car would have thought I was a real anorack

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
QUOTE one was €115k and the other was €130k.

that is expensive

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (benkenobi @ Mar 16 2006, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that is expensive

The guy that bought the one for €115k was told he will get change from €120k

Now that is some nice change, 5 bags of sand

·
Registered
126 Posts
QUOTE (PD150 @ Mar 16 2006, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was speaking to one of the lads in Brady's and he was telling me himself and the boss have sold 2 RS4's already, two young guys, one was €115k and the other was €130k.

I reckon there might be a few around on the roads in the next few months

One is mine!! I WISH!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
QUOTE (VST @ Apr 5 2006, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>drove an Avus silver one last Friday.

So Tom, how did it compare to the B5 RS4...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Saw a black one waiting to get a PDI in MSL Pottery Rd a week or two back.. it was going to Grange. I think they've sold two.

·
Registered
254 Posts
@pdxa4

Its a nice car Colin, the engine is fantastic, it really loves revs, but yet still feels reasonably torquey down low,very responsive.,I expected it to feel like an E46 M3in terms of go but to be honest it feels like it would eat one for breakfast.
The car i drove had the Recaro seats(not the buckets, very mixed reports back on those, many are now opting for the Recaros) 19in wheels with std suspension,there is an uprated gmbh kit as an option that would probably have suited my tastes more, the car wasnt as sharp as I would have liked coming from an uprated B5, dynamically it didnt seem a quantam leap forward above my(modified) B5, but its hard to tell on a half hour test drive, the gearchange is really nice, very slick and a big improvement, the interior is as usual top class,very good feeling of quality in both fit and materials,easily on a par with the older RS,the exterior of the car is one area where the B5 still has the edge,it looks much more agressive,the B7 is a fine looking car, but looks too much like an S-line tdi, something you'd never say about the previous model,wheels I didnt like from the press photos, but they look good in the flesh,brakes are a huge improvement over the std brakes on a B5, but they are the same as the RS6,which tended to wilt under hard driving, but perhaps the lower weight of the new car will give the brakes an easier time of it.
Overall a fine car,but it will be be interesting to see what the new M3 has to offer...

·
Registered
304 Posts
QUOTE (VST @ Apr 6 2006, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>@pdxa4
Its a nice car Colin, the engine is fantastic, it really loves revs, but yet still feels reasonably torquey down low,very responsive.,I expected it to feel like an E46 M3in terms of go but to be honest it feels like it would eat one for breakfast.
The car i drove had the Recaro seats(not the buckets, very mixed reports back on those, many are now opting for the Recaros) 19in wheels with std suspension,there is an uprated gmbh kit as an option that would probably have suited my tastes more, the car wasnt as sharp as I would have liked coming from an uprated B5, dynamically it didnt seem a quantam leap forward above my(modified) B5, but its hard to tell on a half hour test drive, the gearchange is really nice, very slick and a big improvement, the interior is as usual top class,very good feeling of quality in both fit and materials,easily on a par with the older RS,the exterior of the car is one area where the B5 still has the edge,it looks much more agressive,the B7 is a fine looking car, but looks too much like an S-line tdi, something you'd never say about the previous model,wheels I didnt like from the press photos, but they look good in the flesh,brakes are a huge improvement over the std brakes on a B5, but they are the same as the RS6,which tended to wilt under hard driving, but perhaps the lower weight of the new car will give the brakes an easier time of it.
Overall a fine car,but it will be be interesting to see what the new M3 has to offer...

Nice report Tom, thanks.

In my eyes the B5 is still king, as it looks a lot better and it has turbos.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Great report VST

QUOTE (Trevor @ Apr 6 2006, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought the same about the styling being similar to a S-Line. I was looking at an A4 2.0T DTM on Tuesday and at first glance thought it was an RS4. For half the money though it looks well. 220 bhp out of the box....

thought the same myself, had to look twice at the RS4, there seems to be loads of s-line kits out there, similar enough to the M5 and a 5series sport

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (WRC @ Apr 6 2006, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>there seems to be loads of s-line kits out there, similar enough to the M5 and a 5series sport

Every A4 seems to be an s-line for sure, but when it comes to the 5series sport, it looks very like the M5 bar the vents on the front wings, there is 5 series sports everywhere

I cant remember when I last seen a 2005 or 2006 5 series without the sports kit

·
Registered
225 Posts
QUOTE (PD150 @ Apr 6 2006, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Every A4 seems to be an s-line for sure, but when it comes to the 5series sport, it looks very like the M5 bar the vents on the front wings, there is 5 series sports everywhere

I cant remember when I last seen a 2005 or 2006 5 series without the sports kit

my old one has one
i argued with him for days but he would not tick that box!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I drove behind one of these this morning on the way into work, it was true blue on UK plates apart from the bright colour and twin exhausts it looks the same as an A4 sport line.

Some note from the exhaust tho even at low revs. Id be very keen to see what the new 8 cyliner bmw M3 is like. I wonder if it will have the M button like the 5

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Saw one in the flesh on Sat in Mondello, fantastic looking car I think

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
Has anyone noticed the amount of S line A4s going around ive spotted at least 6 or 7 around the town here,i keep thinking they are RS's! i dont remember that many S lines of the older A4 being sold.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
There's a red one floating around the Tallaght area!
I've seen it 3 time in Crumlin too! Young lad driving it too!
This one had an MTM badge on the back over the Rs4 badge!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts