Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a height restriction on cars doing the nct, my mk2 is fairly low i think 80mm on non adjustable suspension, and i think the rollers are going to take my front bumper, anyone had any experience of a really low car going in for the test?

thanks

ronan

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Havent herd of many reports, just if ya cant get it in the Nct centre i think then they wont test it lol!

can you not just take the front splitter off?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea also worried the late skirts will be ripped of, will bring it down and ask can i have a test run ...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
yeah just go down to them, ive gone down before and asked about stuff!

80mil should be alrite, ive seen the topic asked about on jon44w.com fourms, you could do a search there

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
If it goes for the test and it won't go onto the ramp it's a fail!

·
Registered
701 Posts
i know in the mini days, there was an angle iron lip around the pit, they used to run planks along the two sides to allow the really low minis to clear the angle iron. not that i was into minis of course!!!

G

·
There is a 'LOW' limit, PM Bohall, he knows wot it is coz we were only talking about it the other day! 250mm or sumfin, but that seems high, I know lower cars have gone tru!

My mates had issues with his Skyline, but he was told as long as it goes on, then there's no problem, suppose its like not taking off the hub caps, they wot do it so you fail!

Good this about all the Latvians working at my local NCT centre is that theyre all VAG friendly!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
was in the naas one tonight talking to the guy, as my brothers 89 mk2 was getting tested and he said i could bring it down and try it just to see before it goes on and smashed everything...

ronan

·
Registered
875 Posts
If the car won't go on the ramp, or into the rollers for testing the brakes (or the operator thinks it won't), without damageing the car, they can't test. This will result in a fail.

John

·
Registered
102 Posts
QUOTE (johnny99 @ Feb 17 2006, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the car won't go on the ramp, or into the rollers for testing the brakes (or the operator thinks it won't), without damageing the car, they can't test. This will result in a fail.

John
I have also heard of this being true. With the NCT testers being able to fail a car if they feel they will be unable to test the car in anyway, which would include not being able to get into the centre, onto the ramp or into the brake testers.

80mm should be fine, you could always remove your front splitter if its a mk1 or mk2 (not sure about the others) That would increase your chances.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts