Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
reading on another forum:

"If you own a vag group car that has individual coilpacks between 1997 and 2007 i think you might have a recall to have the coilpacks replaced with a newer model of coilpack!

specifically 1.8T engines but even a 2007 RS4 4.2L today needed them under the recall!

check your local dealer"

Anyone aware of this (apologies if repost)

·
Tel: 01-8119029
3,504 Posts
I only changed the four in my car recently at my own expense. Im raging

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It covers most blown petrols and a good few na's.

Cars up to early 2007 are affected. My car was built in March '07 and it doesnt need them changed

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
QUOTE (james_r32 @ Apr 5 2011, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My R32 is due the recall on this but have already replaced most myself. VW want the car for an hour to do a five minute job!!

Do you still have the old ones?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
QUOTE (Alloy-Wheels.ie @ Apr 5 2011, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I only changed the four in my car recently at my own expense. Im raging

They have reimbursed people in your situation in the UK Keith.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Brady's won't do any recalls for Audi's.

There are only two agents now.

·
Tel: 01-8119029
3,504 Posts
QUOTE (kevinm @ Apr 5 2011, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They have reimbursed people in your situation in the UK Keith.

Must see if I can find the invoice and challenge Audi North Dublin to a duel so

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
QUOTE (Alloy-Wheels.ie @ Apr 5 2011, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Must see if I can find the invoice and challenge Audi North Dublin to a duel so

Check to see is your car covered first, my A6 isn't.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
just to make ye aware vw/audi wont be contacting customers as its not a Recall but a Field Action. if any1 wants there car checked pm me your chassis and ill check if its in/on list and the part numbers of incorrect coils

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had my car(08 GTI, registed in May 2008 and imported in Jan 08) serviced in P&R over the weekend, I didnt mention the coil recall to them but they had it marked down on my job card when I got there and replaced them all, anyone else have a 08s coils replaced?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.