Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard of a Passat estate 1987 GL5 that may be for sale. Never heard of them before. Googled a bit about them and they dont seem that common. Anyone here have one or know if they are worth bothering with, worth much etc.

·
Sam D
1,707 Posts
QUOTE (patrick o'brien @ Apr 23 2011, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Heard of a Passat estate 1987 GL5 that may be for sale. Never heard of them before. Googled a bit about them and they dont seem that common. Anyone here have one or know if they are worth bothering with, worth much etc.

2-litre 5-cyl audi lump afaik, audi 80 underneath.

how much you talking? might be interested in an old-skool passat.

parts very hard to get i would imagine. that's the B2 shape, same as santana coupe and saloon thingies

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (mercedeslimos @ Apr 24 2011, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>2-litre 5-cyl audi lump afaik, audi 80 underneath.

how much you talking? might be interested in an old-skool passat.

parts very hard to get i would imagine. that's the B2 shape, same as santana coupe and saloon thingies

its 5 cylinder alright, I have yet to have a look at it myself, could be load of talk. Soon as I can Ill have a look and update.

·
Sam D
1,707 Posts
QUOTE (Project B5 @ Apr 24 2011, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think most of the foreign B2 passats are 5pot... serious raw sound out of them aswell!
Have a look on youtube... the B2 estate syncro's seem to be common in poland!

5-cylinder, check!
4x4, check!
Old-Skool cool estate bodystyle, check!

Those cars are just waiting for a 20v 5cyl quattro lump.. surprise a few Ferraris methinks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Got the Passat, 5 cylinder GL5 alright, estate, 87 WH****, Needs bit of work, Front doors bit rusty and few bits elsewhere, driving but off the road for about 4 years. Just over 100K mls. It will be for sale as is in about three weeks, just havent the time to be sorting an ad/pictures or dealing until then. Totally original car by the looks of it even the original 13 inch alloys (5 of them). Not syncro by the way!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.