Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a set of dished wheels, 18x8J with an offset of ET38 for my Mk5 GTi on standard suspension. Does anyone else have ET38 on their Mk5 Gti? If so a few pictures would help me make up my mind. Will they look alright on standard suspension and would I be able to lower the car at all without it rubbing?

·
Tel: 01-8119029
3,504 Posts
QUOTE (T J Hooker @ Apr 13 2011, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am looking at a set of dished wheels, 18x8J with an offset of ET38 for my Mk5 GTi on standard suspension. Does anyone else have ET38 on their Mk5 Gti? If so a few pictures would help me make up my mind. Will they look alright on standard suspension and would I be able to lower the car at all without it rubbing?

http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?sho...st&p=459811

They are 7.5" so even at the same offset your 8" will poke protrude slightly more.

Keith

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Keith.

Id clearly need to lower if those first few pics are anything to go by. I wouldn't want to compromise ride comfort too much. What would you recommend from that side of things? I'd say I could do with new shocks as it is anyways.

Thanks

Tristan

·
3,504 Posts
QUOTE (T J Hooker @ Apr 13 2011, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers Keith.

Id clearly need to lower if those first few pics are anything to go by. I wouldn't want to compromise ride comfort too much. What would you recommend from that side of things? I'd say I could do with new shocks as it is anyways.

Thanks

Tristan

The H&R Comfort Cup Kit is excellent on the GTI. It lowers 25mm, improves handling and retains near OE levels of comfort.

The Cup Kit is €597+fitting if required.

Keith

·
3,504 Posts
QUOTE (T J Hooker @ Apr 13 2011, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Excuse my ignorance, but does that include shocks in the kit? How much is fitting and how long does it take?

Yep new uprated dampers and springs.

Fitting takes around 2.5-3hrs usually and is €140.

Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.